My ex- 99 TE610 is back in my garage (by next week)

Discussion in '610/630' started by robertaccio, Jul 12, 2020.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Hahaha I really do like the YEL fenders better now that I installed the WHT ones..... but for a while I will leave the WHT in place.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here she is less a couple of loose ends. I will post the final product soon, all she needs is a little footpeg metal work and the brakes bled.
    IMG-8277.jpg IMG-8279.jpg
  3. Eurofreak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1986 TE 510, 1982 CR250, 2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    70's Triumph , Bultaco , Maico, etc
    Very nice! I have an 86 510 and just bought an '07 610. Also had an '01 410 that your engine cases reminded me of. Very nice build! Forgive my ignorance, what is the mag cover with the water ports covering? Doesn't look like any cases I have (had)
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That is the factory CH Racing magnesium airflow cover to keep the ignition cooler and for drying air. The windage from the spinning rotor/flywheel moves air in and out the 2 tubes (1 in 1 out) . You will spot those covers on the team race bikes from the period. The hoses simply are open behind the cylinder in that warm dry area under the carb.
    Theo likes this.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I installed prefab 90 degree hoses like the race teams did. I even remember that Trolli told me to drill a decent sized hole in the bottom of the OEM cover to get moisture out, but with this CH Racing (Azzalin) set up it avoids that issue with these machines. If you look at Anders Ericksson's machines you will see this type cover on them. Also note I have put my hand and a piece of rag near the tube ends and the air really does move quite a bit more than I imagined. You can see the position of the tubes is in a cyclonic position . I did always wondered if the race bikes even had some additional "wings" mounted/welded to the flywheel.

CH Racing cover.jpg
    Eurofreak likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kari Tiainen CH Racing TE610

You can see the CH Racing cover here on Kari's factory enduro TE610.
    Kari Tiainen TE610.jpg
    Theo likes this.