1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc My cylinder is a paper weight -- what years will fit?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Cosmokenney, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Long story short, I sent my 2009 WR250 cylinder out for porting and overbore. Got a paper weight back. I'm now looking for complete top end replacements.

So far I've been offered a 2007 WR250 top end by a member here.

I've been looking at the fiches and it looks like the part numbers for the piston, head and cylinder assembly are all the same between 2007 and 2009.

Can anyone say for sure if it will work?
  2. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300, 1996 WR360,2013 WR125
    Good grief! What on earth have they done to it that means it can't be saved? Pics?
  3. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hall's has 2000 cylinders, they should fit but there have been porting revisions over the years so you might need the power valve to suit this model. You also might end up with a slightly different curve. Having said that I used to ride a 2000 cr250 back in the day & it was a cracker of an engine! Other than some porting & ignition changes the 250 motors have not changed much since 1999/2000 which was when the latest incarnation of the motor came out with the newer cylinder & valved boost ports. Having said that there are some very clever people on this site, if you post up pics you never know, someone may just be abe to save it!
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    There's a wr300 cylinder brand new on ebay. Big bore?
    ohmygewd likes this.
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Link? I can never find anything on ebay. I just get 10,000 gaskets and Chinese master cylinders. I'd be all over a 300. That being said, if it doesn't have the power valve, it's a no go. The power valves are also on back order with no eta. And unfortunately the power valve and side valve have different part numbers between the 250 and 300.
  6. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Ahh shit, yeah was just cylinder. Could u machine valves to suit? How are they different?

It was under 'husqvarna wr300 cylinder'. Dunno the whole link caper sorry mate. Brand new in Poland. Forget price but it wasn't cheap!!!

Found it $680us shipped! auto_moto_lech is the company

HO700 424/1A

It does look pretty!
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Thanks!
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Mite be better option to buy a parts bike for a few hundred more if that's too exy for what it is n parts rnt doable? Anyway I had a lot of free time on my hands at work today so went shoppin for ya!;)

Jus a FYI but R&D husky here in Oz stock sum pretty obscure n old parts as they used to be importers years ago. Current dealer still. Maybe ask Stefan he's pretty helpful n knowledgable on all things husky? Jus a thought. Bike wreckers too. JDK wreckers(again down under) have heaps of stock ya never know! I recently gôt a near new braking oem front disc for $50! I'm sure you'll find one jus gotta dig deep mate!
  9. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Call Powerseal and inquire about boring your current jug to a 300. If the ports aren't too far gone they can make it work.
    They turned a yz250 into a 285 for me for relatively cheap considering all the work involved (bore, realign ports, nikasil coat, head work & PV grind). That was 8 years ago and that bike is still running around here on that same jug.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Don't know, he got burned already by another big bore place. Hence the search
  11. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Power seal seem to hav a pretty good rep. Thats wher my jugs will be goin wen due
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    What about your cylinders? Oh man, I roll me.
  13. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    As I typed that I thought 'nah this is a pretty mature site, they won't go there'. Proved me wrong noobee!;)
    You should be ashamed of yaself it was that easy.
    Missus is keen but too exy to fly her stateside for bolt ons!
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm nursing a cold on lousy sleep, so I'm not especially couth at the moment. Waiting on the tire shop to finish with the Mrs truck so I can't ask Johnny Walker for medical assistance yet.
  15. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Seriously! give Jarred at Hall's a bell! Really great guy! Very helpful! He has a 250 cylinder and top end on ebay for 200us bucks! I'm not kidding!Gotta get you back on the bike, it's spring over there!:thumbsup:
    Also on a slightly different note, why do you want to go big bore? I own a 300 & to be honest (really honest here, & swallowing my pride) the 300 is a lovely bike but I think I like the 250 form of this engine better than the 300! The 250 just seems to pull harder through it's midrange & much further into it's top end. I find the 300 signs off a little early for my liking! I think I will put a PC exhaust on & get the head machined & see what that does!
    454x likes this.
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    What millennium was supposed to do was port it for bottom end. I ride ALL slow technical single track trails in a very hilly area. Barely dip into the mid range. Lots of logs and rocks to get over. Short short steep climbs. I will probably never run this bike somewhere that I need any top end at all. If I ever move from norcal, I will just sell it. Its good the way it was as a 250 with lectron, but I think the 300 with bottom end porting would be even better. I know some are wondering why I just didn't sell it and buy something like a XTrainer, but I love the way it handles and fits -- except for the high seat height. And I really can't afford a new bike. And there are no betas on craigs list.
  17. SmokeyExpress Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Oh I see, Yeah that's totally understandable! I will have a hunt around over here to see if anyone in town has a barrel lying around if you want? That's really poor on millennium's part! They should pay for a new barrel for you! I will let you know what I can find
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  18. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
  19. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Have you checked with Dan or Ann @motoxotica in Vacaville Ca, they are usually a good resource.
  20. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Talked to Ann last week. She couldn't find anything. I've got the bike at a shop and they are going to send the cylinder to the local welding/machining guru for measurements to see if it salvageable.
    Huskynoobee and 454x like this.