1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

My '81 430 CR Project

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by Rossik, Mar 13, 2022.

1. Rossik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 Husqvarna 500AE
    Just started work on a new project I picked up recently, which turns out to be 2 bikes, one of which will get restored to running/riding condition, as original as possible, and the other will be sold to cover the costs of the keeper.
    I've decided to not doing a complete showroom resto this time, that was what my 500 auto turned into and while I totally loved the process and especially the outcone (see my other thread on that here), it became a money pit and I had to unexpectedly sell it due to an overseas move, and I lost big time on it.
    IMG_20211225_212017.jpg IMG_20211225_212005.jpg
  2. Rossik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 Husqvarna 500AE
    And as always, now the fun begins in finding the bits that I need. Since our relocation to the US, my wife started a vlog mostly for the benefit of our family back in Australia, but I'll post the links related to episodes of this project for you guys to follow.

This first one is straight after I picked them up:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFDWF5UXMmk&t=207s

And this is Part 1 of the starting the work:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF1v3S_g4BM

And just in case you have lots of spares lying around, I'm currently looking for a kickstart lever (one of the bent ones, same as pictured above if possible) as well as gas tank rubbers, the crescent ones that sit on the frame.......lots of people have them listed but not in stock...........thanks in advance guys !!!
    DeathFromAbove likes this.
  3. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    And just in case you have lots of spares lying around, I'm currently looking for a kickstart lever (one of the bent ones, same as pictured above if possible) as well as gas tank rubbers, the crescent ones that sit on the frame.......lots of people have them listed but not in stock...........thanks in advance guys !!![/quote]

Actually the later model ones, off the 84-90's are a better design, not as skinny, spines are the same, i'm pretty sure i've got an extra.

Nice Find :thumbsup: , I love me 82 430CR :D
    Rossik likes this.
  4. Rossik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 Husqvarna 500AE
    Actually the later model ones, off the 84-90's are a better design, not as skinny, spines are the same, i'm pretty sure i've got an extra.

Nice Find :thumbsup: , I love me 82 430CR :D[/quote]

Oh man, that would be awesome if you do......

I've seen the straighter ones on similar rebuilds but it looked to me like the pedal part of the kicker touches the fins on the head ?
  5. Rossik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1985 Husqvarna 500AE
  6. Schming Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1979 Husky 250 OR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Garage full of Yamaha's and Honda's
    Great videos !!! Most likely the tape was put on to protect the tank's finish so you certainly lucked out there.
    Rossik likes this.