1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc My '09 WR125 is awesome!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Norman Foley, May 18, 2009.

1. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

when we ran the delaware enduro,I know I saw a guy out there on a KTM 105!
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    There is something to be said for small displacement bikes.....and yes mini's too..

The Roberts Ranch(kenny roberts of GP fame)...had a small oval track and fleet of XR100s(likely very beaten)....

They ran a program there...for injured riders...and for those needing a boost of confidence and some just for the heck of it...by running the guests around the small oval on these XR's...as you could well imagine they would have a whale of a time and plenty of smiles would result....

I could list some of the names of these well known riders...but suffice to say there was some very big name lad's including....Randy Mamola, Wayne Rainey, Luca Cadalora, Norifumi Abe, John Kocinski, and Carlos Checa are some of them.

theres nothing like a small underpowered bike on a dirt oval to build confidence and sharpen skills
  3. traskrider Husqvarna
    B Class

One of my "projects" would be to put a 80 or 85cc engine into a 125 frame, kinda like TM offered from the factory. I remember the Trask Mountain 2 day ISDE when a group of riders called "team slip it" would challenge other riders combined times against their time, and they rode, I believe TM 80's(i was just a kid). It would be a blast to ride a little 80 pinned everywhere in a frame with adult size ergo's.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    ISDT/ISDE had an 80cc class until '93. I remember Larry Rosselar riding a KX80 engine in a KX125 frame, for the 80cc Class at the '88 French ISDE. Italian enduros still have "Cadet" class.... Full size 2T 50's.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Back on track... I rode today and bike still does not dissapoint! I slid the forks up to the second ring (Were set flush). The bike turns better in the really tight stuff, and doesn't seem to give up any straight line stability in the open, high speed stuff. I'm still running the Michelin FIM tires and I am kind of used to them. I've got a Michelin M12 front and S12 rear in the new "XC" compound to go on soon. I'm afraid to scratch my black Excels changing the tires! I'm still a happy guy!:cheers:
  6. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I was trying a bunch of set up changes on my WR yesterday...my forks are as low as they can go(I like a pointy bike:D)...the rear sag I set to 100mm and the tire pressure 12psi both ends....I find that a euro tire machine can swap tires in seconds..and never touches the rim

forks are still a bit harsh...but are starting to come around...I have the compression all the way out....rebound 6 clicks in....I will eventually pull 10cc out of them I think.....but I need more time on them..

As far as the engine is concerned(bike vin 008)....it still seems softer in the middle than my CR but not by much....the top end wails for sure:eek:...I have a 470 main in it...the engine does seem to get better with more time on it....low end response is very crisp with new TMX....

The ergonomics are perfect for me....though I like my bars low and set back.....everything is in the right spot otherwise...:cheers:

For the first time I though I would look down at the speedo(I never owned a MXbike with a speedo)....and saw 90 kmh...just got in to 5th

this weekend I will try it out in the mountains(muck fest for sure!)

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=09125WR.flv
  7. Rusty 2 Husqvarna
    A Class

That rickety looking little plank bridge looked like an endo waiting to happen,....:D

Cool vid Troy! Thanks. :thumbsup:
  8. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    these come with the Mich, enduro comp III, an FIM Euro tire with short 17mm knobs. I kinda hate them. Put some Motoz Enduro IT tires on mine and WOW, the difference in bite (and everything else) was amazing. These are now my favorite tires period. LOVE them.
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey thanks David..:thumbsup: your welcome up here anytime:cheers:

I guess I am lucky to have the use of one at work...but anyone with access to an automotive turntable type tire changer(euro) can change tires very quickly without a scratch....I Know this probably means "beans" to anyone at an event....or in the field

but if you have a buddy that works at the local garage.....a 6 pack(aka buzz box) goes a long way

I will have to post a video next time I swap some tires....