MOSS Tool works awesome.

Discussion in 'TR650' started by BILLF, Dec 15, 2012.

1. bikehunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley, bmw, moto guzzi
    oh hell, for what its worth, the Bike has issues to get past the dreadful emissions and nothing is going to get it right unless you modify the ecu. which is why the Moss tool will only perform with in the rules of the counties emissions!
    I use the Eruption method and the bike is as good as it gets simple sort out!
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst

Jan 19th MOSS still working fine.
  3. thumperstruck Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Forgive my ignorance but what does this tool do? Does it just help it run better? Do I "need" to take my Strada to someone who has one and have it hooked up?
  4. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    It is the tool that can talk to the ECU. It can reflash fuel mapping, reset engine codes, and basically control or read the electronics on all BMW bikes and the TR650.
  5. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750

BILLF. Are you 100% positive these parameters can be adjusted with the MOSS tool.....?
  6. kiwiape Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia DD750

Hi BILLF, I've just spent some time on V16 MOSS Tool and cannot see anywhere to check or change anything "You can check and reset the specific parameters at where they are supposed to be like idle speed ,fast idle ,cold enrichment etc." Can you enlighten me please??, I will post some screen shots of my MOSS session shortly.
  7. Lekolite Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Hey BILLF,
    Is your MOSS running V16? Are you aware of any new updates to the ECU and fuel map?
    Thanks
    C
  8. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    MOSS UPDATE> MOSS STILL WORKING FINE FOR THOSE INTERESTED. OCTOBER 15TH 2014
    hasenpfeffer likes this.
  9. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Have been interested in possibly buying a Terra or Strada, so many of previous years still available new all over the US. Reading thru this thread has convinced me otherwise. :-(
  10. Lewis Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none at the moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    1989 Yam FZR600, 2018 Kaw Z900RS
    My Strada is running well a year after it was Mossed. It had issues from new as it was not Mossed before I purchased it. As far as I know, the dealer I purchased from never unpacked their Moss and sent it back. I use another dealer for service that is twice as far away. My bike is 100 percent stock...well I did add a seat kit from SC. Despite the hassle, I am still happy with the Strada.
  11. Lewis Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none at the moment
    Other Motorcycles:
    1989 Yam FZR600, 2018 Kaw Z900RS
    Don't dismiss the bike too quickly. What kind of deal are you getting? If enough people get scared away, they will be giving these away. Anywhere near 5K and you should take one and run.
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    They did make it a bit more complicated in my opinion but really seen any difference in what can be done with it.The Booster Plug or Wuka sure makes them run better on the bottom ,so we just put them on almost everyone now. We have 1 out of 10 I would say that runs perfect from PDI but most need enrichening.
  13. Centerline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD Fat Bob, Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
    Lewis,
    I haven't been deal making, just possibly interested. Yeah, OTD for $ 5K would be tempting....
    Couple of Mossy tree sessions, a Wuka or booster plug, experiencing some volcanic eruption process and It would be sorted out :-))
  14. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    I had mine mossed after I dumped it on a turn around in the hills, when it died. Same trip almost dumped on a left turn with oncoming traffic. I took it to dealer to fix, and they did.

I put a single can on, and the pod mod and that helped some response issues, and the last thing that seems to have made significant, albeit small change, was installing Brisk Multispark sparkplugs.

Yesterdays ride netted me a 2 mpg increase and that is with the 15 tooth sprocket. 62mpg, but not highways speed. The 14 tooth had me down to 55mpg. With the stock, I was right at 60 mpg.

The Brisk got rid of the flat spot at 3k rpm. For the first time since I have owned this bike, I can crack the throttle at speed bumps and launch. It used to puke out a bit before when trying, but now all is good.

There was a section of ride yesterday where the Terra vanished. It did not exist, it became part of me. It was so awesome. I was totally in the zone, weather perfect, road perfect, scenery perfect, bike running perfect, no distractions. A total Zen moment.

I'll be keeping this bike. :D
    Rayman, nev.. and Centerline like this.
  15. MotocycleWriter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650, TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1150RT, BMW R100GS
    This is a pretty cold thread but I was wondering if the MOSS situation is still fluid. I'm going to pick up a 2013 Terra today and still have lingering worries about buying a bike that no longer has a company behind it. Or... can I assume that BMW and KTM have my back? :D
  16. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350

Buy it and ride the shit out of it, I love mine, Hall's is still using there Moss tool, at 7000 miles my dash wrench came on meaning I needed service, probably a valve check according to DRZ Charlie, still runs perfect, I have called KTM, Husqvarna, and BMW, no answers from any of them, they all are passing the buck. My dealer Motofit in CT, doesn't have the moss tool, kind of left the phone off the hook the other day said he put me on hold but I could hear him grumbling in the background trying to get rid of me. I'll keep bugging all till the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I purchased the booster plug but never installed it because it runs so good. Everything is still stock. No problems other then the dash wrench, electrical tape will fix that. Maybe soon they will break the HEX code hopefully get a way to hook up to the computer ECU. Many dealers still have the Moss and are using it.