Minimum Cold Cranking Amps For A 2000 Sm610

Discussion in '610/630' started by Keitmoody, May 6, 2019.

1. Keitmoody Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None yet
    Other Motorcycles:
    1965, 1968, 1970 Triumphs
    I am going to do away with the stock battery box/air cleaner unit and relocate the batter under the seat. I have found a lithium battery that will fit in the area that I want to place it, however it only creates 120 cold cranking amps. Will this be sufficient to start the bike? I don't plan to ride the bike if temps are below 50 degrees F.
  2. Scottishjim Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 husky 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki text 600 k2
    the yb14 is 1.4 cranking amps (cold),just make sure you calculate the math for (mAh),my mate is building a bobber with a lithium battery pack he calculated he needs 3 small battery;s @ total 4000 mAh so he needs 9 battery;s total.its a suzuki bandit 600 engine tho (yb9),hope that helps,jim (it would be easier to modify the subframe for a battery),forgot to add he has put something in these packs because lithium ion takes a different charge than standard charge up,so watch what your doing if going that route,ta jim
  3. Caboose Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 600 f
    Sorry Scottishjim, but you don't even know what you are talking about. The stock Yuasa YTX14-BS has 12Ah (not 14) which is the capacity not the maximum cranking amps. The cold cranking amps of the stock battery is about 180-200 Ampere, so no 120 won't really be enough I guess.
    Rotax_655 likes this.