Meet Ken Roczen

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jun 13, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    He's 20 yrs old now. 20. He won a GP race in GER at age 15... Age 15. That's some good clues to the future when using past results as barometer ...

I've only watched him a little during the last 3 yrs, first at MXdN (2011?) where he was giving RV2 plenty before RV2 put a world class pass on him and he actually was dropping RD5 in a race the same yr (I think) where some rain slicked the track up ... I guess he was ~17 yr old then?

He's the only rider that I know of other the RV2 to whip the 450s on a 250 at MXdN. After seeing him compete on the MXdN stage, against the worlds top racers, I said he is not a rookie at sx / mx racing here in the states.

He's trained with RV2 for whatever reason... He just came from ~off the pace in moto 2 and ~dropped all riders last week as a 450 MX (rookie) racer. Not sure if any rookies have won a MX title here in the states, but this young man looks for real after coming off such a great showing in the SX season ...

Looking at the history of dirt bike racing in the states back through the yrs, 1 guy has always dominated the top slot. KR94 might be that guy if RV2 does not return. Yep, I remember ET3 has won a 250 title over him also :) so let the history making continue this weekend at the track. Not counting any of the American riders out yet such as TC41 who is looking like his 1st season before all his crashes started ...

2013 Motocross of Nations[IMG]

--

Most you guys here don't seem like dirt bike race fans but if you wanna see these world class riders make their bikes swivel and bend, watch the first lap or 2 of these MX races ... The riders are trying as hard as they can to get a good place in the start and opening lap and you just might see some weird bounces from their bikes.
    juicypips and john01 like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

He's an awesome rider and seems to be a good kid too. I watched my first live MX race last year in MD and it was sweet watching how much control they have while in flight. I jump and hope for a good landing :D.
    ray_ray, TemecuCoastie and shawbagga like this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    One of my favorite racers right now. Fast, Clean, Smart, cool.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yep, seems like a real good person. Also happens to be a great MX racer.

Dungey won his first 450 championship in his rookie season in the 450 class.
    ray_ray likes this.
  5. SigPig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200&690
    Yep, Dungey took down SX and MX titles in his first 450 year.
    ray_ray, TemecuCoastie and john01 like this.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep and he was only the 2nd rider in SX history to accomplish that feat as far as I know ... Saying rookies don't win sx championships is a very safe bet ...
    But, I can't find anything on rookies winning MX championships ... Gotta be more riders than RD5 I'd guess ...

We'll see how it goes in a couple days ... Hard to believe KR94 can win a championship this yr, but he has looked like a champ so far this yr and actually is looking better each week to me ... He had Stews' number in moto 1 last week and just ran out of time.

7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bunk argument, you have to be there to win. Everyone that is not first says that.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    lol .... No argument here ... Going to bed now :) ...
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Agreed. By the same logic it could be said that if the moto were 10 minutes shorter he would have gotten smoked by Stewart.
    shawbagga and Motosportz like this.
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think Tomac can ride with him but he has had some injuries so....

Love Roczen's high pitched voice.....
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eli has proven that in the past on the 250s and I'm not sure on his injury recovery at this point ... I posted some articles on him and he was saying they never had his bike right for him during the SX season and then he broken his collarbone just before LV?... ~At least a month \ 6 weeks for that one I'd guess so he should be back before too long...

KR94 has made the jump to 450s look pretty smooth ...

UPDATE: Eli Tomac is reportedly nearing a return, possibly as soon as the next round at Muddy Creek in two weeks.

--

[IMG]
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Looks like Stewart is in good form again.
  13. jimjim Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    gasgas
    Bob Hannah,saw a Trans-am race in 78,during the parade lap (racers rode the track slowly without helmets)Hannah busted the first turn and roosted the people along the fence!I saw him in between motos flying a kite in the pits,fun times.
    ray_ray and TemecuCoastie like this.
  14. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

koczen's a two-stroke fanatic, bytheway. good kid. :)

r
    ray_ray and Norman Foley like this.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Interesting and if any bike company has a stake in racing a 2t on the big stage in the USA with winning races as its goal, its ktm \ Husky (now) ... I still have no doubt that a top rider can compete and win on a 2t against 4t bikes, given an equal chance ... You know, like that gal took that 125cc 2t bike and whipped, whipped, whipped into whipped-cream every 250cc 4t bike in not 1 moto, but 2 motos of racing for a sweep at the start of some of the ama racing this yr ...

After ktm has ~100% proven its dominance in ama mx\sx racing that is on the way unless something happens, maybe they'll turn to 2t bikes for racing also :)
  16. SigPig Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 200&690
    Courtney Duncan I believe. Made the rest of the field look silly.

Rumour is that KRoc is going to RCH Suzuki for 2015. No 2 strokes over there to play with unless Ricky's got some left on the farm.
    ray_ray likes this.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    2 strokes are dead for MX/SX, they simply do not lay power down like a big 4 stroke. I love them but don't see a comeback happening anytime soon. In off road I see a big comeback, already here.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wowoo .... RCH? I'm clueless on that RCH team and how the budgets are run by any of the teams ...Carmichael is the sole owner? He's gonna win a title as a owner :) This KRoc is gonna be top shelf, top dollar ... That's gotta be a pretty good moon shot ...

Then you gotta say, does SP know? That puts the SUZ that has had so many champs on it, right there again.

--

I'm glad someone made the mistake of giving MS Duncan the chance to excel :) She's my new #1 GF rider :)
  19. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    RC4 and Carey Hart own the team
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

yep, I'm guessing they fund part of it and sponsors carry the rest. RC is great for the sport. Like his "rod to SX" program too. Great guy. I think the KTM team is the one to beat and DeCoster and that crew are the pinnacle of teams. For him to jump ship might be tough. We will see.
    LandofMotards likes this.