Marzocchi going out of biz?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. JPinNC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 300 XC-W
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    This is not a good thing....
    Kam1 likes this.
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    sucks thats its all about the money for 8.4 billion you would think they could keep the thing running
  5. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    NO! NO! NO! Some $ bags needs to save Marzocchi! What the ....!?
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I was told about this a few years back then nothing happened...well maybe now its happened.
  7. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    Hopefuly it wont happen!!
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The Italian factory will not exist...
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Don't know anything about this company but this looks like they are being squeezed out of the dirt bike business... Article states this is not a surprise either ...

With ongoing market difficulties being one of the major factors involving the uncertainty of the company’s future, it looks like Marzocchi face some tense times ahead.
    In the off road motorcycle industry, Marzocchi are currently OEM’s for Gas Gas and Beta.

If what was written out here in the past was correct, the Huskies in the 2008 - 2010(?) used Marzocchi forks from much earlier model Japanese brands and now, the asian dirt bikes don't use them, Husky quit using them before the ktm buyout, and ktm does not use them ...These guys do make bicycle suspensions and maybe have some motorcycle forks still on other niche type bikes that are out there but riding without Japan support, business may not work out in the long run ...

--

Trading on the New York Stock Exchange, Tenneco recorded a full-year revenue of $8.4 billion in 2014. Tenneco own 11 different brands and employ 26,000.

Either the market does not care or word has not spread yet (impossible?)... Or they like it since apparently this group was losing money. Sounds like a large enough company to shed some dead weight and keep stepping ... or stick your hand out to the who? The Chinese? ... It's just business again today.

ten.jpg

I'll just add I've only had 1` issue with their forks to date and I expect many more yrs of service from their forks, with or without this parent company. I'd be surprised if this technology stopped. Now is the time their technology can be purchased on the cheap. Big ones eat the little ones and all the jazz ...
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    M has been a respected and winning brand in bicycles are motorcycles for years. My Duc had them but low level shells containing broomsticks. They also manufacture some nice red anodized units I was up for a few years ago on teh bike suspended by broomsticks. I was always looking at M forks for my XC bikes but Fox was always stock and worked well. It comes down to choice of OEMs what companies get the volume business. Might just be a tough market with brands you well know competing. All this stuff the big guys want in house or under their subsidiaries. Tenneco is a big company. M is just about numbers to them.

[IMG]
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep on the numbers game ... Seen it lots of time when a company spins off something investors like it ... Now, do that with a product and company you actually have first hand knowledge on and its' history, gives it a different light. This techno stuff should turn up somewhere ... Should be interesting ...

We might not realize what good a thing it is to have a true racing company own Husky .... SP could sell alot of bikes without so much racing and racing support ... But they choose to race. M apparently does not wanna compete with kyb and showa or maybe just <> ?
  12. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looking at all the different brands of bikes on their page, maybe they were spread too thin across the board .... Not enough standard parts across the board to support the numbers the budget board wanted?... Maybe no big heavy hitter(Japan) in there? Who knows.. ... Maybe the VP that got the company purchased in 2008 has moved on and the next guy is tossing them out.

So what happened to M in 2008 when they sold out to TEN?

--

That article said nothing but the plant was gonna close. They know what the next step is.
  14. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    That page doesn't seem to be up to date. As you mentioned husky hasn't had them in years.

I really wonder if it's another Italian union issue like we've all heard of before.
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    from another forum... Taken from Vitalmtb

"
    Marzocchi Facing Financial Troubles, May Close

According to an Italian Newspaper, Tenneco-Marzocchi is facing some major financial burdens. Tenneco absorbed Marzocchi three years ago.

The FIOM-CGOL trade union stated that a recent management meeting arrived at the conclusion to "sell or close" the mountain bike portion of Marzocchi. The newspaper wrote that the business has lost over $22 million in the past three years and the future is uncertain at this time.

It would certainly be a big loss to see one of the industry's most iconic brands disappear.

We've contacted Marzocchi and are waiting for an official comment. Stay tuned...
  16. adam6402 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    In the Enduro21 article it says "In July 2013, the company had 40 redundancies while employees saw an average reduction of 35% in hours."

Does this mean they had 40 employees to many, so hours were cut for the entire work force but still had to pay all the benefits etc?

Sounds sketchy, as in a company having its hands tied, hence forced to close, dunno?