1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Map Switch Question

Discussion in '2st' started by bicyclephil, Mar 6, 2019.

1. bicyclephil Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 450 XCF
    '16 TE 300

The wiring got torn out of my map switch, right where it connects at the switch.
    Will this effect the tune of the bike at all?

I've never felt like the switch, in either position, made a significant difference anyways.

thx,
    Phil
  2. RickyDZero Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 Tx 300 i and 2015 Fc 250
    Thats a good question,but I do not believe it does. I think it is just stuck on whatever setting you have it on. Had the same thing happen to me.I just replaced mine with a Trail Tech map switch. about $ 60 bucks if I remember.
  3. 44Dwarf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't know if you ever got this fixed or not but it you striped the end of the two wire and connected them this is the "hard map".
    For soft map you open the connection. Or so I've read, Now as to was position makes a connection I've read post saying "I check it with a meter" that say both position it HARD map....
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Im not doing the research for you as to the switch being a position 1 open or closed and the same with pos 2..... But fact is that the bikes that come without the switch have the map wires plugged into each other completing the circuit loop. And this position is the standard power map. shorted loop As stated above the hard map.
    So when the loop is shorted that is the oem std (full) power map and that is what the position 1 on the switch is.
    So position 2 on switch is controlled to open the circuit and put the ECU into "soft" mode.
    In this case the failsafe would be soft mode (if the wire circuit broke and opened) .
    BTW both my 2014 and 2017 had/have the map switch, I have never moved it from pos 1.
    so P1 is closed and circuit loop is continuous (high) standard hard/power map
    so P2 is open and the circuit loop is open (broken)(low) soft map
  5. 44Dwarf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here you go.

Bill502 likes this.