1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Map 1 without O2 sensor - is it possible?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Padowan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Padowan Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R850GS, Yamaha TTR250
    Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to the site, but been reading it all up with interest since buying a 2011 TE449 recently. It's fitted with the Factory Akrapovic pipe, the O2 sensoir is removed/capped and the map plug is fitted putting it in Race-Map 2.

I've already given it a good once over mechanically to sort out a few stalling-gremlins including:
    • TPS voltage check
    • TPS reset
    • New battery
    • Top butterfly removal
    It now seems to be running great, no stalling, snappy response and bags of pull.

What I'm wondering is: is it possible to run in Map 1 without the O2 sensor fitted?

As I understand it, Map 1 is closed loop with the Lamda, and Map 2 is open loop without it - which would imply that running Map 1 with no O2 sensor would probably result in a 'FAIL' and some sorr of Limp-mode?

As she's a flighty beast, I'd like the option of being able to tone things down a bit and get some better fuel economy at times, and then switch to ripper-mode when required - but do I need an O2 sensor for the lower-power mode to work, or is that purely for economy, and there is still an open-loop lower power map that I could engage bu removing (or switching) the map-plug out?

Thanks for any thought

Simon
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yes you need the O2 sensor attached for Map1 or you'll get a fail. You can fit a switch on the bars to go back and forth without removing the seat, and leaving the sensor installed won't have a huge effect on performance. The other option is to go with a Power Commander and load maps that suit your tastes and use the handlebar switch to change maps.
  3. Deondr650 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    01-Ktm 250 2 stroke Mxc , 2005 dr650
    I am really new and just brought home my 2011 te 250. The guy I purchased it from the as the second owner. He thought the power up kit was installed. He also said the blue switch on the handle bar makes it boring to ride when map is switched . My O2 sensor is installed.tv Mountian man can you expand on how you put two greAt maps in the bike and still use blue switch
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Not 100% on this, but the 250/310 of that year isn't capable of having a different map flashed to the ECU. On 12 and later models, you can flash a better map combo on the bike and go from there.

I think the power up option for 250/310 was to install a TXC ECU and the 12 port injector, and a better slip on muffler.

You could call ZipTy and ask about options. They have quite a bit of experience with them.