Malcolm Stewart out of round eight at Spring Creek

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Jul 17, 2014.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This article makes this health issue sound pretty trivial but kidney and liver functions are both far from trivial ...

TLD’s Malcolm Stewart will be forced to sit out of round eight at Spring Creek MX due to severe dehydration that has taken a toll on his kidney and liver function. Although he has been fighting through and hoping to feel better, the symptoms have proved too severe. On the advice of a medical professional, the only 450 rider on the TLD squad will be taking a break in order to recover.

--
    MS34 had a couple ~bad crashes last week (or maybe the week before?)
    Here's to a successful recovery for MS34.
  2. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Thanks for the update. I was wondering what happened to him. I was waiting for him to pass his brother. haha.
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    That sucks, though sport. Wish the best for him. Pretty good results and speed this year. Seems to be working his way towards the front.
  4. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like Mookie... I remember when Heat/Dehydration tanked Tomac for a whole year .. He should take the Year off and go back to wrecking Barcie next year :)
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I read one place he was in the hospital ... This is no trivial thing to have happen to anyone ... I hope no bad side effects linger with him and if waiting for JB51 to show up is needed, OK .. Just wait it out and do what is best and needed.

--

Once when I was in the US Army, I saw a guy have a heat stroke ... His chest was rising and expanding it looked like a foot up and down as he fought for air, like his lungs were gonna bust out of his chest or come out his mouth ... It was peace-time Army but very scary to see. I knew the guy and thought for sure he was gonner ... This was just an older guy (30?) that pushed a little too hard one day in boot-camp. The service brings all kinds of people together from all kind of backgrounds... Saw several guys just faint and fall out also. The service did try to monitor this and at heat index CAT 4, we all sat down in the shade together.

--
    For all you guys in the really hot weather, drink plenty a day or 2 before your riding day(s) and drink during the ride also.. Just drink, thirsty or not ... Yellow piss means you are dehydrated... The stronger the yellow, the worst it is for you ...

I'm a big watermelon fan ... I'll eat 1\2 of an entire melon when my GF buys us one. I just can't enough :) ... Might even do like all the people here and just find some dirt and plant some ...