Maintenace planning - TE 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by trond, Aug 27, 2018.

1. trond Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 te 610 Bramont Husky
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati s2r & 999S
    Hi, not a frequent poster here but would love to get feedback or advice on this matter :)

My TE610 is a Bramot (Manaus Brasil) built Husky from 2008, it has a carburettor engine and not injection. It used to be easy to drive an unregistred bike to and from "the outback/tracks/trilha" in Brasil but nowadays that is not really an option as you most likely will be fined, not to forget any insurance issues that could occur in public transit.

Based on this and the fact that I really like the bike I want to keep my Husky in shape since it is licensed and really one of the best reasonably priced enduro bikes I can get down there (options are CR250L or a DRZ400) without paying for a new KTM enduro setup.

I had the local Honda motorbike dealer "clean, prep and serve" the bike this summer (all fluids, lubricate whatever needed etc). I rode it for 3-4 weeks before I had to go home to Europe and it rides very well. Before leaving for home I pulled the CCT and found it on 10 clicks. Well, time for a new chain at approx 7800 km.

[IMG]

The local Honda dealer have some really good mechanics and I am sure they can do a camchain replacement plus valve lash on my bike. I can do the job myself but when down there it is for vacation and visiting family, ie not for wrenching and I only have very basic tools down there.

Have to bring all spareparts with me but there are quite a few threads on what is needed for the CCT so I will be able to get all those parts with me I think.

Bike may also need new drivechain and better do sprockets as well, any suggestions to gearing?

I ride approx a third on tarmac, 2 thirds gravel/dust roads and very little hard trail/technical stuff. The chain rollers should perhaps be changed as well.

If something break I might have 14 days waiting time if they have parts in Sao Paulo or worst case I have to park the bike for a year until next vacation and bring with me from Europe.

My list so far is:
    * all the camchain stuff, gaskets, o-rings, liquid gasket, chain etc (+reed valve)
    * perhaps the APE manual tensioner?
    * a new drivechain kit w chain rollers
    * a set of reserve cables (throttle, clutch)
    * either OEM or silicone coolant hose kit
    * a set of brakepads front and back
    * clutch feels ok and no slipping but perhaps new clutch discs?

Are there any other areas that normally need attention / replacement at this stage close to 8000 km and of course 10 years old? Bike rides great and nothing obviously wrong with it.