Magura Clutch Failure

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by CG818, Nov 12, 2017.

1. CG818 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Fe501 2017 MY
    Hey all,

Have had my 17 FE501 for a little under a year with 17 hours on the motor and regular maintenance. While riding some black diamond today my clutch stopped working, went limp. Pulled the reservoir cover off and POOF the pressure flew right out. No hydraulic fluid in the reservoir. I had to slam gears to get home. No noticeable leaks anywhere outside, I'm assuming the clutch fluid is leaking into the motor, is this possible?

Has anybody experienced this with their Magura hydraulic clutch? I'm a little aggravated that the bike is basically brand new and this would happen.

Thanks for the help
  2. KXcam22 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SM630, 2017 300XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    08FZR6;07CRF450;98CBR900RR;02KTM200
    I have an older 200 that the clutch fluid gradually disappears into the trans. Cam.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Seems not uncommon with hydraulic clutches. My bike had this occur twice working my way up to 14k feet, and was told directly it was the slave seals. There is an inner and outer seal on the slave piston. Too bad it is occurring with brand new machines as well. Granted just on my 310. No issues on 2 Ducatis.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    This uncommon, never had a magura failure across 8 Huskies in the last 15 years.