1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

magura 312 duo throttle

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by justintendo, Aug 22, 2014.

1. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    hey guys..in the past i bought a parts bike that came with this throttle..i liked the looks of it used it on my 360 for awhile..they are very smooth and are all metal, no plastic. they also require no tools to disconnect the cable, and can even change out throttle tubes without removing the housing from the bars. i decided to make one work for my 88 swede.
    Photo323.jpg
    Photo324.jpg
    here you can see the cover plate and two screws that let you remove the throttle tube. this is also beneficial to change throttle ratios. the magura has a CROSS setting that is 68 degrees, and an ENDURO setting that is 80 degrees..the stock gasser is about 110 or 120 degrees.
    Photo325.jpg
    here you see where i installed the gunnar gasser's cable holder/adjuster. the 312 has no threads here, just a little socket for the end of the cable housing to rest in. this area of the throttle is fairly beefy to tap to whatever cable you want to run. on this i used a 8mmx1 tap to cut threads, voila!

Attached Files:

2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    the last pic shows the inner workings..the wheel is mounted in the housing, instead of being "loose" like a gasser. dont get me wrong, the gunnar gasser is a freaking legend, copied by almost everybody. i am kinda liking the dual twist rates and great quality of these magura units. lil different look as well. my 360 with lectron is running a domino style that has a very fast twist rate, so i think it will get a 312 to slow it down a bit! on the other hand my swede needed sped up a bit so i think the 80 degree enduro rate will help both of them...thanks to ebay i picked up 2 more at 25 bucks each..
  3. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Just a few comments,

Once you add the adjuster in order to remove the cable the adjuster needs removed, the lock/jam nut taken off and the cable removed through the slot. This most likely negates the no tools needed as those adjuster things need the jam nut or else they drift at least for me.

I have seen those throttle assemblies not sure where. They would be pretty far down my list of choices just going from what I see in these pictures. They have kind of hard corners and I tip over a few times when I go out it seems. I also hang on real hard and think those two screws would rub glove hand to some extent.

The domino on newer bikes can be modified so it wraps on a smaller diameter at the start.

I guess the industry standard is the set up made of aluminum with three different cam choices. Was about $100 a few years ago.
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    theres certainly nothing wrong with a domino but most have very fast twist rates which is not acceptable on a 360..i know the g2 units you speak of have different positions to have twist rate options. i have not had any problems with rubbing the screws, altho one of my 312 units has countersunk flat heads there. i tend to crash alot less anymore compared to when i was younger. combination of better skills, better bike setup and not taking stupid chances like insane hills has helped me. still go down every once in awhile, but not like i did.
  5. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    Venhill do there own version of that throttle. I still have a brand new one in the workshop. Never used it as I prefer the genuine Gasser one. Mine was a present from Venhill when they were developing it, and I didn't have the heart to tell them I was never likely to use it.
  6. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    do the replacement venhill parts fit the older 312?
  7. grouty Auto Lover ...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    78 390WR, 78 390 AMX, 500 Humph
    Other Motorcycles:
    works 73 CCM 520, another 73 CCM520
    I don't have a 312 to compare. Sorry.