Los Ancianos Tecate Sprint Enduro 1DEC2018

Discussion in 'Racing' started by robertaccio, Oct 9, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Sign ups open 1800 on 10 OCT2018. If you want in you better be standing by your computer to enter.
    This from my 1st Tecate Enduro in 1994...no Im not on the list that is the finisher list I was on minute 6 as 64 and got passed by all those guys!! And DNFd houred out. It was dang near my first real race I was on my 1991 KTM300EXC. Stepping right into the deep end of the pool in the wilds of northern baja mexico.
    a Whos who of off road / enduro riders mostly west guys, but also Coop and King Richard and a certain world enduro champion from Italia.
    1994 Tecate enduro.jpg
    TemecuCoastie and Huskynoobee like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ALL 290+ entries sold out in an hour or so.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is really an unofficial calendar race.....but you guys really need to look at the pdf list of participants......its a western states top tier of offroader who's who in the Pros, and for me and the Ammies.....a few legends and many ISDE vets.
    Us old guys are way in the back on minute 66......
    My minute is cool, Reed Yam WR450F my close equal ammie rider/racer , many year friend Dax B former WORCS Pro competitor and Western Pro MX racer Husky FE501 making his race comeback (he has been as high as 3rd OA Pro in this race back in the day), and the oldest guy signed in the 50 class named Larry (LR) Sherco 300SEF (he's above the 50 class now). We have lots of people in front of us.....and its been dry and dusty....I have been doing my usual sizing up of the list and there are loads of guys in front of our minute that are slower and a lot that are faster than me on my best days!! Let the adventure begin----
    http://losancianos.com/riders-please-read/
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    ready. 66th minute, just to be me, I ordered numbers for my side plates, they only issue fronts. I also put some new graphics (that I had in my spares box)over my beat up side panels and added new louvers (2019 type). Gotta look good!!
    #661, tested yesterday with my naproxin sodium dose to check effect, and I think its ok, I had some great trials moves in the rocks so balance is fine on aleve. even had some race face moments with the crew, and powered up and past my guys in the ugly stair step rock stuff. suspension is really really good.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Listo para la Carrera.
    Husky with Dag.jpg
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  6. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    what's the Aleve all about? or do you have arthritis maybe? ...and i take it you're not too worried about bleeding out. I've been dealing with small bouts of dizziness this past year- weirdly, ibuprofen taken for a headache seems to help the balance too. or maybe it's my imagination.

keep us posted and have fun.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did 2 bad g out compressions last month and have been suffering from it since. basically left leg sciatic nerve irritation, so Alleve seems to help. Also fact is once I'm riding I just ride and don't think about it. I just hope I have minimal pick up the bike moments.I do yoga, 2x per week spin classes stretching and we have an inversion table....it's still hacking on me and making me grumpy!!! I will put on the race face and use the edginess to my advantage when rolling through traffic. I have been psyching myself not to wait this year, last year we were sitting around waiting for guys to unstick themselves , and when they
    did I would go right up or through the section with no issues, and lost easily 5-10 minutes on the clock waiting for people.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    strong field.

Attached Files:

9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    This is going to be interesting....its been raining since last night wed. and set to continue into race day sat.... pit pack attached to gas can add ons, extra gloves check, enduro jacket check, fleece under vest check, Ariete dual pane rain goggles check, me ready check, bike ready check, bad fog/rain kit yellow safety glasses check (for when even the good euro goggles aint working).
    I guess I can unpack the extra air filter I packed for a dusty day for the 3rd loop like I did last year.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  10. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    tear offs or roll offs maybe?
    over-gloves. I have some two finger waterproof gloves that really work well.

have fun.
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Sounds like you are mission ready. Post your usual pics and videos. This race is on my bucket list.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im ok with finish....L1 time was good, L2 I screwed it all up, L3 time was good and pulled back more time, but still that L2 time dropped me down the scale bigtime. Hey finished with everything in order no injury. was easily a top 3 LAMC race. It was a long relentless one @ 90 miles kind of 20 miles then 30 miles then 40 miles tests. Prelim has me at 15th from about 60 SSEN 50+ open riders. OK finish is my answer because I wanted a single digit finish. A few new bottom of the 50 class guys showed this year with a better resume' by far than mine, ISDE vets, Pro racers in different moto series, and even my new friend nemesis Giovanni who just won the 50 class in the B1K and has some Sen champ MX trophies from Glen Helen and Mammoth mtn mx. Hey I got all 3 holeshots coming into the tests but of course that guy on his Sherco 300SEF passed me soon after on the gas smooth as glass (LR).
    And out the Wa. woodwork comes Ricky D on Honda CRF450RX for 3rd OA behind Gary Sutherlin KTM450XCF and a guy in 2nd I never heard of JT Baker.
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  13. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    At least you got to ride. Must've been epic conditions! I am so jealous.....:-)

how was it getting back across the border?
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I left Rancho Santa Veronica at @0700 and was home in SD at 0830. no Tecate border wait 1 car in front of me.
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Minute 66 Riders Me on way to 15th SSEN LR on way to 2nd SSEN.
    LR and RN Min 66 riders.jpg
    Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFj3342uVLI

this is from one of our crew , he did go on to finish the full course.....embarrassing for some of us long term riders, he has about 3 years of dirtbike riding under his belt....Its a Beta 300RR with Beta Team Boano plastics and graphics with full KYB suspension, its a worthy machine.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    REV A Prelim results.

Attached Files:

18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i