Looking for my ideal Supermoto

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by fmx_sm, May 17, 2015.

1. fmx_sm Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501S
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati M796 Kawasaki KX250F
    So I'm asking for any and all advice. If you could avoid the snide immure and unnecessary comments I'd appreciate it.

I'd like to build the ultimate Supermoto but it has to be realistic in some capacity. I have to be able to be imported in the states have a reasonable skill set of mechanics who can work on the device and right now I'm on the west coast so our nazi like laws narrow down the types we can own to less that a half dozen.

• I think the donor bike will be the Husqvara or KTM. It will the be the 500EXC or FE501S unless in 2016 the models change. TM Racing is also another one I'd love to have but I'm not certain the dealer in CA can make it happen. He says the 2016 model will be ready on October but I know most people will say parts will be impossible to get. Fair enough.
    • Right now I'm strongly leaning to the Husky since KTM seems to be putting a lot of development into it so people can stop saying it's a KTM with different colors.
    • I want a world class looking graphics and decal set up. It can be minimal like the avatar I have or something really creative but I don't want it to look too much like a super-cross bike. I'd prefer the graphics of the Freestyle MX bike or Supermotos v. Supercross/motocross.
    • I'm willing to spend the money to get what I want but won't be breaking the bank.
    • Here is a list of parts and mods I'd like to do so fell free to critique add or delete items you don't recommend.
    • Black Excel Rims with black Talon wheel hubs and black coated spokes
    (also willing to listen to other brands and colors. Would be willing to pay for Marchesini forged aluminum or magnesium mag wheels)
    • Black powder coated swingarm
    • All- black Racing- Fork with DLC (Diamond like Carbon (F1 Technology) ) coating
    • All- black Racing Shock
    • Magura CNC machined Handbrake Cylinder
    • Brembo 4 Piston Brake Caliper
    320mm or larger EBC floating front rotor
    top of the line rear rotor preferably floating (if that exists)
    • All- black CNC machined Racing Triple Clamps
    • Factory Fuel Cap (I've seen this listed but not sure of significant or need for factory cap)
    • FMF Silencer or power bomb or Akrapovic Ti Racing Silencer (need suggestions)
    Need suggestion on tires. This will be a 99% street riding only machine.
    • Custom Graphics (I still need help here)
    • Black aluminum Skidplate (Works Connection)
    • Rizoma Clutch Lever Guard
    • Rizoma Brake Lever Guard

Need suggestions on other parts not listed...feel free to add:
    • Triple clap steering dampener. I heard Husqvarna makes a great one already??? TRue? Something to really make the bike feel more like a street bike and easier to control in sketchy situations.
    • A bigger gas tank would be great but I absolutely hate the look of that clear (more like yellowing) tank that seems to stand out like a sore thumb!
    Thanks for your time and input much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome! :cheers:

I don't know about the rest of your post, but if anyone is anything less than cordial let me know.
    I started this site to be away from all the non-cordial BS...
  3. kitcat Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300
    Welcome and you will break the bank, believe me it can so easily be done!
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    THAT DEPENDS ON THE SIZE OF THE BANK THE BIGGER THEY ARE THE HARDER THEY ARE TO BREAK:applause: