1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Little Wr's Electronics Took A Dump

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Dirtdame, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    First day of the new year, i went for a trail ride. First 8 miles was great, and the bike ran just as it usually did, excellent. Then, accelerating up a hill, the power went flat, then the bike began to misfire, finally dying. Although it didn't seem like the plug fouled' I changed that out first. Bike started right up. "Ah" I thought to myself, "That fixed it"....but in another 7 tenths of a mile, the bike exhibited the same symptoms...both times at higher RPMs. This time, I took the gas tank off, disconnected the kill switch and checked all my wiring and connectors. The bike didn't want to restart, but eventually after 20 or 30 stabs at the kicker, it made some noises like it was gong to fire up. And four kicks later it did. It sounded normal, and so because it had failed at high RPMS, I decided to see if it would keep running at low throttle input, which it did without fail, all the way back to the staging area. To me, this reeks of ignitor problems, but as far as I know, this year (2013) of 125 WR wasn't plagued with them, even though it has the dreaded Ducati ignition on it. Any thought on this?
  2. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Hi there, may at least be worth a try; a different sparkplug wire / cap. I had some problems with a failed cap once, the internal resistor was screwed up and resistance was all over the place giving a very weak spark to the plug. During open throttle the sparkplug was not able to fire and got fouled again and again.

That reminds me that one time, I even needed to improvise to just get home on the bike. That time the cap failed completely, no spark at all. I went for a walk and searched and found a piece of metal wire, that was attached btw. the wire and sparkplug and got me home :grin:
    Zomby woof, shawbagga and Dirtdame like this.
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Sounds feasible^
  4. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    One of my friends started having problems with his KTM and went through a week of jetting to try and fix it. Jetting doesn't change on it's own and I thought his problem was likely electrical (based on the symptoms) and to look at the plug wire first. Long story short, after a week he finally took it in to a bike shop. They replaced the plug wire and it was fixed.

The lesson? Basics first when troubleshooting. Don't assume it's something, prove it first.
    Oldscool and Dirtdame like this.
  5. Chef Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 Cr165, 09 Wr165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 Husaberg FE650, 07 BMW 650 Dakar
    Last summer I had troubles with my 08 cr165 dying when it got hot. If it sat 15minutes or so it would start up again. Tried a new wire and boot but ended up being the coil.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  6. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Check the wires going into the ecu it's a flat 4 pin plug ive just had the exact same issue with mine turned out to be the white wire had snapped and came away from the plug very similar symptoms I also changed out the 27ohm 10w resistor as that'd melted hope this helps
    shawbagga likes this.
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I put a new ignitor on this morning and went for a two hour ride. The bike performed perfectly.:cheers:
    Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.
    2premo, pvduke, NCSteve and 1 other person like this.
  8. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Exactly what mine did except was the brown wire into ignition
  9. scott-tmk Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna wr125
    Mine died again this morning lads I need some pointers I found the white wire into the ecu plug has came away and the resistor was fried I changed out the resistor for a 33ohm 10watt as I couldn't get my hands on a 27ohm 10watt the bike was running fine on idle started my journey about 5mins into it it died again and wouldn't start any ideas gents :/
  10. Oldscool Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM125, SWM RS500R & Superdual
    I gotta ask.....is the fuel turned on??
    Have you confirmed it has lost spark?