Little Pine and Gibralter Dam Overlook

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Johnrg, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Back again. 9 years since my 2013 310R was brand new. Still looks good and runs great.

Had foot surgery a couple of months ago but finally healed to where I'm back to most activities. Was a beautiful day today with the back country to myself.

View: https://youtu.be/ha8SEOt5aTo
    Giack Husky310R and Dirtdame like this.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    What’s your plan for failure on the trail. Cell phone good enough? I gather you don’t mind riding solo. 48 min one way approx…how many miles? Definitely motorcycle trail at the end.
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I carry an InReach and cell. And extra jacket and tools and running mousses. No cell for the most part but it's a pretty well used route, except for that singletrack. At the very top of Little Pine at the first stop, begins a hiking /mtb trail back down the canyon to the trail head which is 6 miles. I typically ride solo as few friends have motos anymore or are able. I try to ride somewhat carefully. There is one trail I ride, that I avoid the most technical sections since I am solo and falling in the rocks on a steep section could mean trouble and trouble just walking out.

Here is my route map as I went up, then backtracked to hit the singletrack lower down. It shows the hiking trails as well. Up top was a Los Padres work crew and about 4 mountain bikers were halfway up as I was heading back down.

Garmin Connect