1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Lightening clutch pull TC 510

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Flash319, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Anyone found a way to lighten the clutch pull? Better pivot levers? I single finger clutch all the time and gets hard on the dude.
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think some people went to a MME clutch lever but a little fitting may be required.
  3. Trenchcoat85 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE 310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 shovel, '75 DT400, '97 XR400
    Didja move the perch inboard as far as possible? This puts your clutch farther out from the pivot point (ok, that's obvious- but I had to say for future readers).

if you could find a bigger slave piston (magura, right??) maybe you could get the slave cylinder bored. I often wish I could find a liner and smaller slave piston for my brembo, to increase the travel. My clutch effort is pretty easy, just not enough travel. I wonder if there are any different slave cylinders available for magura or brembo that would fit on our bikes.

OTOH, if you want your problems to go away without doing anything- take my shovelhead for a ride: the clutch takes 2 men & a small boy. (riding in traffic sux) ...your current clutch effort will feel laughably effortless afterwards.

good luck
  4. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Ya the pearch is moved. I think i will make myself a MMC style lever and see what happends. I can 2 finger all day but sometimes the really technical stuff needs 1 finger finess!

What!!! HD engineers did that...... (Sorry, had to, hate HD)
  5. quattro410 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 Supermoto
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 YZ450f
    Take a look at a Clake. They make a product called One Light Clutch that replaces the stock cylinder and lever with theirs. They advertise that it reduces clutch pull effort by 75% and doesn't add any extra lever travel like the MMC style lever does. They are a little pricey, but they get great reviews.
  6. Rohncn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 450 - 2009 TE450
    Once of Scott Summers setup tips on his 2008 510:11 You can remove two bolts/springs out of the clutch (on opposing sides), so you go from six to four bolts. This reduces the effort at the lever about 30 percent, and after 12 hours of racing we've seen minimal wear on the plates and no perceived slipping.

Trenchcoat85 likes this.
  7. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    I did this on my 08 510 and did not like the feel...but it is free and worth a shot, OP may like it just fine.
  8. Flash319 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM640 Supermoto
    Ya was thinking of trying that. I ride some really rough stuff and beat the crap out of the clutch. Not sure i want to do that.