1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

leaky rear adjustments

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jive turkey, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jive turkey Husqvarna
    B Class

hello

guys bear with me, i don't know much about how to tweak the suspension so I'm learning but.......

on my 08 TE450 i turned the compression and rebound screws out a good bit and the inner screw puked just a little bit of oil. it is not continually weeping but I was wondering if this is normal? if oil came out, it stands to reason that air could be getting in like on the front forks, right?

also, should the inner screw turn WITH the outer dial? the user manual says to reset them to factory settings, you go clockwise all the way in then run them out x number of clicks but the inner set screw spins with the outer dial. is that normal, too? if so, which one do :excuseme:i adjust first?

thanks
  2. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

my high speed adjuster turns with the outer but doesn't seem to change the number of clicks out from full in:eek::excuseme:
    had a very small amount of weeping on outer dial after first adjustment:excuseme:
  3. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Yes, the inner screw( low speed comp) will turn as you turn the outer(high speed comp) wheel on the shock. That is normal. It doesn't matter which one you adjust first. You just tune each compression circuit to suit your preference/terrain/handling issues.
    One thing to note, you will have to adjust your rebound accordingly as you work the comp clickers.
    As for the weeping oil, I haven't experienced that before. Maybe someone else has input on that.