Leaking Fuel Petcock

Discussion in '610/630' started by DarkHorse, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DarkHorse Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KDX 200
    My fuel petock is leaking on my 06 SM610.
    I can't trace the source of the leak. It runs fine and then stands overnight and then there is a bit of gas on the floor the next morning and a very small drip from the petcock.

Any suggestions?
  2. mtne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE610 + 08'TE610 sumo'd
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 950SE
    Nope, but my right side is leaking now. Only not slow............ I'll have to take it apart and check it out.
  3. bronzebronco94 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 TE610 09 SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Rokon2x2, KZ1000,
    Ive had two petcocks on my 06 610 leak. there is a small wire running into the back of the valve. the wire goes up the top of petcock where the long cylindrical screen is. it must be for fuel level(my only guess). but they leaked, and mine leaked alot over night once. that was it, i needed to figure it out. the wire i mentioned runs into the back of the petcock and is held in by dope. after a couple years the dope must dry out cuz it gets crumbly. ive tried a couple of fixes with different types of putty. nothing worked. i didnt want to spend another 50 or 60 bucks for a new one. i cut the wire, pulled it out and got dope off. i used a small fine thread screw and ran it in with lock tite. once dry i filled it smooth and cant hardly tell its there. a little primitive pete, but no leaks now.
    love likes this.
  4. love Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 610 2006 and 2018 701 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 690 enduro
    i have same issue. this is my second petcock . i wonder if its a fire danger if i ride bike. i cant see where leak is
  5. HuskyBrutha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM630
    Other Motorcycles:
    690 R, 500 EXC, XR250
    I once had the tank off and rested a full tank on the petcocks. This action unfortunately ever so slightly bent / damaged the seating / sealing of the metal parts which caused fuel leaking and I had to get a new one.
    Lesson learned: take care, those there petcocks are fragile.

In hind sight I should have removed the e-clip above the fuel nozzle on the petcock and seen if I could could have improved the seating of the metal parts
  6. love Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te 610 2006 and 2018 701 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 690 enduro
    im not sure where the leak on my petcock is coiming from i have same bike as you this is second one to go bad . i dont want to sell the bike due to a petcock issue