Last Dog Standing 2018

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ajaxauto, Jun 10, 2018.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is a video I made
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrJgNqq0JSU

Friday night was a team race so I teamed up with 2 guys in the Vet class on the 125 We each did 2 laps and had some fun and got second in the vet class

Sat morning was LDS 1 which was about the same course as the night course I signed up over 60 and was the only rider in my class to do 3 laps for the win

Sat afternoon was LDS 2 which was on a much harder course I was so tired from the morning race. I did hour out and did not get a finish but I went farther then anyone in my class
  3. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Wow, that's awesome! Hat's off ajax. Been off the bike a while, just came on to sell some tiddler stuff, crazy how much things have progressed in 5-6 years.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It was a great weekend. I was really starting to get concerned when you hadn't come off Last Dog. Now I see what you mean by bottle necks. You really couldn't do much about it but help out and wait for the line to move again. Glad you decided to get a little H2O thrown on you when you came through our water check. You looked hot and many riders came out of that canyon asking "how much farther?" as they gulped water and gladly let us drench their neck and back.

For anyone who lives in So Cal, this is truly a one of a kind race. Anybody of novice (C) skill and higher can ride LDS 1 and say they tried it. My slow ass even qualified for LDS 2 the last time I raced it. I didn't get more than about 1/3 of the way through, but I'll be back again some day. Even if you don't race, it's great fun to watch. The team night race before is also a hoot.

I think they really got serious with the difficulty this year as this race is now a qualifier for the Tennessee Knockout. John is an inspiration to anyone who just thinks about racing. He has been a big help for many of us who want to go race by offering advice and teaching tricks of the trade.
    robertaccio likes this.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thank you Jeremy Now when it cools off you are going to come ride my training loop and you will finish it even if it takes all day buddy
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I should be healed and ready by then!