Last Couple Of Rides. End Of May/beginning Of June 2020

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Dirtdame, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    A couple of shots from the last couple of rides in the high desert. Was starting to get hot at the end of May, but then the first weekend of June was nice 65 degree weather. This week it will probably heat up again for good, until October.

End of May found me ten pounds heavier than when all this Covid crap shut everything down, as well as out of shape for riding single track. Add one bicuspid gone bad into the mix, and it was a recipe for at least a minor disaster. I was out of breath and overheated after only a few miles of twisty, tight trails in the somewhat warmish (88 degree) temperatures. I only managed to ride a 12.6 mile loop. Not too many trees out there, well not as many as there are big rocks. So sometimes that's what you get for shade.
    [IMG]
    The next week, found my 501 still down, waiting for some revalved forks to return from Precision Concepts, so I pulled out good ol' Mr. Threehoney, who hadn't been out on a trail since last December, and off we went. This time, the weather was wonderful, about 65 degrees, with cool gusty breezes blowing all day. I also had gone to the dentist during the week and got some antibiotics for my tooth (that will be needing a root canal), so I was feeling better all the way around. Not a soul out on the trail in the afternoon, and I think I was feeling about as happy as I ever could, out on this ride. I didn't feel tired or in pain, and happily rode and rode until I wanted to get a drink of water. Then I stopped and reached down for my waist water bottle....and it wasn't there. In fact, my whole toolpack was gone. I was about 22 miles out, and had no idea of where my pack fell off of me. I was more baffled that I didn't even feel it come loose. Anyway I had to backtrack, at this point, and ride slowly to be on the lookout for my pack. I was about two thirds of the way back, when the shadows began to get long and I was finally getting fatigued. At this point, I had to shortcut back to the staging area and go home. It was too late in the day....I was thirsty....and of course, also had no tools with me....
    Nobody wants to leave a toolpack out on the trail....everything that you have accumulated...all the cost, etc. I decided that I would have to go back the next morning to finish my search.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    So...first thing, the following morning I went back out and prepared to finish my search. It did not take long. I was rolling into the first long stretch of singletrack, not far from the staging area, and there was my beloved toolpack, peacefully napping at the edge of the trail. I was so happy to see it, you can bet! Being sore and tired from ride the day before, I decided to call it a day and head in, so I just rode an abbreviated loop back to the Jeep, drove home and called it all good.
    [IMG]
    2premo, Eoin, Chisler and 1 other person like this.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's a gut wrenching feeling to lose the fanny pack. Glad you got some single track goodness and your pack back!
    Dirtdame likes this.