1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc KYB Forks Gold Valve

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Travis616, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Honda CR125/134 build
    I am in the process of installing gold valves in the forks of my '11 CR150. Didn't know if anyone else has used them on these bikes or not? I have always had trouble with the bike not settling into the corners as I would like so I'm hoping they will correct that for me. Didn't know if anyone has been down the same path or not?
  2. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I thought the consensus was Gold Valves weren't necessary and a simple revalve will do. Can't hurt though, look forward to your results.
    I just had my 165 forks revalved, but not happy yet.
    I vaguely remember other threads discussing the same, including extensive details about valving, and there's the great suspension tuning thread somewhere.
  3. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have an idea of what I'm looking for out of the suspension but not a clear path to get there - that's where the gold valves come in - I figure that I'm buying the information more than the product. A very close starting point is worth the money to me! I might try the r.t valving on the stock piston at some point to see how it compares and see if there really is any difference, I have had the stock pistons out and they sure don't look restrictive
  4. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Finally got them installed and forks back together. It will be interesting to see what it's like because there's a lot more fork movement just rolling it around! I went a little stiffer too after putting it together the first time, had it as a two stage and saw that pulling the crossover firms it up. I only ride mx with mine so the single stage is likely better anyways. Hope I can get out tomorrow for a quick test run, heading down to a friend's track that I know fairly well Sunday so I'll be able to see what it's actually doing then as long as I'm close now..
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I had Precision Concepts revalve both my 125 and 300 WRs. I'm happy with the results.
    Travis616 likes this.
  6. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here's a picture of the stock valve beside a gold valve, I guess race tech is using the valve to help control the high speed so it isn't all on the shim stack? Kind of backwards to their advertising but if it works I'm in!

Attached Files:

7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    Dare I ask, how many different oils you tried before you started changing hardware?
  8. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Three or four. Didn't try your likewater stuff though, didn't think it would be the answer for me. My bike was too stiff in the corners and then would blow through and bottom on the big hits, my Honda was similar and the gold valves/valving sorted it out really well
  9. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Worked great today on a fast gp style track, two decent sized tabletops are about the only big jumps out there. Cornering was definitely better, had to go in 4 clicks on compression and two on rebound to make it stick a little better but so far so good! Have to get out on a different track to compare
    NCSteve likes this.
  10. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have found that the clickers are more sensitive than stock, a couple of clicks makes a noticeable difference now. Forks work well in the corners now but could use a little more bottoming resistance for the big hits - still happy with how the gold valves are working out. Might talk with race tech about the bottoming but pretty good otherwise
  11. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    What is your oil height / volume ? A little more oil should well cure the bottoming symtems
  12. Travis616 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TC125
    Other Motorcycles:
    True, not sure why I didn't think of that. Have to check my notes but think I set it to 350cc