1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

KTM to 07 TE450 wiring for BD dual 8" hids

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Riksha, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Received the rewound stator and reread the instructions afew times, but after looking at the pictures and trying to relate the KTM pics/wiring to the husky I am abit overwhelmed. I'm sure it isn't that tough for some but I'm going to be honest its over my head.

The pics show my concerns.

The voltage reg wiring is setup different as are other plugs as well. I talked with the guys at GP and they could only refer me to others that have done the conversion.

I am hard headed so I am going to keep plexing on it, but I would gladly pay $ for help...

Mike

The last pic shows my experience with lights, be nice don't laugh to hard
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    If you spoke to GP, zat mean you are local?

If so: Get yer bike over to Uptite and have him scope it out, if anyone can do it, it's George.
  3. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey, didn't think of that. I am going to try locally first, maybe the husky shop in escondido. Sure would be nice if the instructions were for the husky too. Thanks for the suggestion
  4. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Made the call to George, but... he doesn't use BD products so he declined. Oh well it was a great idea thanks
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    Ouch- bummer.

How 'bout takin it to BD themselves?
  6. Riksha Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got the job done. Baja Designs is THE place to go.

The regulator I received was the wrong one but it was changed out on the spot. The wiring was done while I waited and was handled quickly and efficiently by Jose. Knowledgeable guys in the back shop. They even installed a switch/wired in the correct plug on my stock headlight while I was there. Informed me about certain things to look for and what action to take. I can't say enough good things about them.

Diego was the telephone contact, and Customer Service there is Awesome.

Mike