KTM/Husqvarna... now how will this play out?

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Farmer John, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    The guy could be in for the time of his life. Sitting on top, challenging both companies to their very best. Giving them the resources and enjoying the show. All the while kicking dirt in the Japanese faces!
    4eyes and typeone like this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Your side discussion, could you start a new thread or start a Conversation/PM?
  3. Grandia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 TE610
    Makes sense to me, given Pierer's explanation. As mentioned before, new TE449/511 have already seen a significant price drop in Europe recently.
    WoodsChick likes this.
  4. silver_fox Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's the best news I've heard about Husky in a long time!
    flyingbob likes this.
  5. SHY UK Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes please
    "... example is, Volkswagen and Audi. They are not in the same space, Audi is one step above Volkswagen." Rajiv Bajaj
    I don't believe there exist any practical or mechanical differences between like for like VW and Audi machines, I believe the same is true for the relationship between Husaberg and KTM.
    The European Commission should be considering whether Husqvarna's independence can really be assured, it should also be considering where the funding for the purchase is coming from.
  6. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag

Thats fine, you are entitled to think its BS. I dont hold any grudges, A grudge would imply I care about Cagiva, which I dont. The fact remains, *I* dont care what happens to Cagiva.
  7. Kartwheel68 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 125XC, 250XC, 430XC, 430WR, 250CR
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 175WR , 76 250WR, 74 250 Mag
    KTM probably sold more 350s than Husqagiva sold total bikes (10k). That by definition is a niche manufacturer.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I saw your request...

Thing is Stefan Pierer bought Husqvarna - all of it. There already is a place for all of those things: http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/husqvarna-motorcycles-corporation.51/

Feel free to start a thread welcoming him. :cheers:
  9. Husky Relic Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 511, 2012 TXC 310, 2013 TXC3
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW GS1200, Zero S, Zero DS, Zero FX
    Dear Everyone,

I think everyone should take a deep breath and think of only positive outcomes. This could be a very good thing for the Husqvarna brand. BMW was not in a position to sustain the mounting losses and did the marque a great service by selling it to someone who really knows and understands how to build great offroad motorcycles. Pierer as much as stated that with BMW that Husqvarna had lost its way. Now its time to get back to the roots. Without this move BMW would have closed it down at some point as their losses started to approach almost $1Billion, yes with a "B". Everything will work out. My only hope is that the US team in Corona is not affected by this and that they continue on with the brand. Kris Odwarka and the team were really starting to get somewhere. I hope this does not impact them. In any case, Husky has life and a chance to really become itself again. This is a very good moment in the history of the company. Mr. Pierer doesn't suffer long for fools. He will whip the brand into shape. Wait and see!!

Scot Harden
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thank you very much for posting Scot, much appreciated. I fully realize how busy of a person you are.

Dean
  11. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Scot. One thing puzzles me is that the new boss said Husky is going to its "roots" and mentioned SM and MX. SM I get, but MX puzzles me. What about off-road? I am a bit confused here. :excuseme:

I do agree though that this is a good thing. I just hate waiting though! :banghead:
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Heikki Mikkola, the “Flyin’ Finn” was one of the most popular and feared motocross racers of the 1970s. During his illustrious career, Mikkola collected four World Grand Prix Motocross Championship titles.

Husqvarna asked Mikkola to return to the Grand Prix 500cc class in 1974, and he eagerly accepted. After a season-long battle with Roger DeCoster, Mikkola won the World Grand Prix 500cc Championship.

And I might add, Bengt Aberg, Brad Lackey, Chuck Sun....all Husqvarna MX racers
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  13. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

True enough... I grew up in the 80's so I remember TC, Scot, Mike Melton, Ed Lojak, Dan A. and Dan S., Dick Burleson etc.. That's what Husky means to me...

I also realize that the off-road dominance of US racing in the 80's might not be what the CEO is referring to. I, selfishly, would love to see the days when Husky dominates off-road. That was what I was hoping anyway. In the end, its too early to tell, but I still think this is an excellent development.
    flyingbob likes this.
  14. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
    To me, these tidbits move Husky closer to a KTM-like design and manufacturing.
  15. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    :oldman: Dang kids....

Well at least they still had air cooling in the 80s...nothing sounds quite like the hum emanating from a set of Maico fins.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is what I'm expecting from SP ... Maybe a showing first in EU in the MX stuff ... Then maybe the USA ...

Current bikes are sitting right there as proven with the current crop of EU enduro riders ... Currrent MX 250 bike is a top 5 machine in EU with a top rider and team support ..

---
    Not sure what will develop an appropriate motorcycle with the specifications and character that belongs to a Husqvarna. means but I'm OK with it.

---

This is a racing company president :) ...Get ready for a glorious ride to podiums across the world's stage ...
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Husqvarna dominated SM racing in EU for the last decade almost, before and after the last owner was in charge, AND in the last yr of racing, the 449 bike was a world champion ...

hermunen-supermoto.jpg

I'm happy to say, SP is an APS (Atomic pumkin Smasher) ... (In the business sense of the word)

And I like how he keeps pointing at the japan bikes saying he'll take market share ... Yea baby, the Husqarna ship has come in with SP as the captain ...

PS -- Its OK to forget about the previous owners ..SP has got them under control I'd guess and is gonna quickly more away from whatever that saga was about ...
  18. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    From all of this it doesn't look like anything with a husky logo is going to be stepping into zero electric rechargable territory.

No for all this root business and a 100 year plus old company best I can come up with is sassafrass which sends out latteral roots and pops up new trees. Or willow that can make new tres from a piece of branch or trunk.

fran
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It bugged you enough to post your first post..... Enjoy those Swedish Huskys, I sure do.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Wow, this thread must have broken some sort of #of posts in the shortest period record! It deserves it's own trophy! :busted:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.