KTM Extends Ryan Dungey’s Contract Through 2017

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ray_ray, Apr 13, 2015.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not too surprising ...

[IMG]

KTM Motorsports is excited to announce that it has extended its contract with Red Bull KTM Factory rider, and the newly crowned 2015 450 Supercross Champion, Ryan Dungey through 2017.

The Red Bull KTM Team and Ryan Dungey inked the two-year contract prior to him clinching the first-ever 450 Supercross Championship for the Austrian manufacturer. In Dungey’s 4-years with KTM, he has been the first to win a 450 Supercross race, a 450 Motocross title, and a 450 Supercross title on the KTM brand.

“I’m extremely happy that Ryan has chosen to commit another two years to the Red Bull KTM team,” explains Red Bull KTM Team Manager Roger De Coster. “I have worked with Ryan for many years and can honestly say he’s is in the best shape of his career right now. The level of commitment he has shown to his training program in Florida, our race team and toward the development of the KTM 450 SX-F race bike has made him a better racer showcasing his full potential. I trust he will continue performing at this level for several more years and the team and I will continue to strive to give Ryan the best possible equipment and the support he deserves.”
    bigjon and john01 like this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Will be interesting to see if Dungy/decoster will be a dominating team like Villopoto or if Stewart, Tomac, Seely, Roczen or someone can do anything about it. This weekend racing was crazy fun to watch.
  3. Phaeton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 wr 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 GASGAS EC 300 2007 KTM 200 XC
    Not bad for a trial bike company. LOL I would like to see Dungy ride the finals with a desert tank and fanny pack. ROFLMAO Hopefully some of you got that. Dungy is fantastic for the sport. Super nice guy with a great attitude. Great for him and Decoster.
    john01 and Motosportz like this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    and Pit too
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Like you said not surprising but good to hear. I'm a huge Dungey fan. Hey what was with Barcia racing Dungey like he was going to win the championship?
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    RD5 is top notch, same as many in our sport ... We may not be held up on the 6PM news as anything but we are an honest group of people pretty much ... No real drug or sex or stealing or killings or just law problems from our sport. Myself, I really like that aspect of the entire group of people that make up motorcycles stuff ..

I'll see if I can find a replay of the race so not sure what Barcia was doing ...
    trailboss, bigjon and john01 like this.
  7. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Lindsay...I mean Ryan just got a BIG paycheck!!
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He seems to have one mode. I was afraid he might take Dungy out.
    john01 and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  9. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep of all the riders I like Barcia the least. LOVE hard racing but not at the expense of others. It's dangerous enough without stupidity. I agree with Ray, bunch of good people in the MC world.
    trailboss and flyingbob like this.