1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

KTM Dealers now have access to parts for the older (2014 down) Italian-BMW-Cagiva Husqvarna’s?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by jasonmt, Apr 16, 2014.

1. jasonmt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11' TXC 449, 11' TE 630, 11' TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ninja 1000, ZX7R, 300 XC-W Christini
    We may be a little bit behind the times up here but after a discussion with the parts manager at my local KTM dealership (Cycle Works in Edmonton) now that the Austrian Husqvarna's have shown up in the showroom they have the ability to get "most parts" in for the Italian Husqvarna's.
  2. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    It's funny that you posted this today. I am still on Munn Racing's email list from buying parts from them for old KTMs. They have been touting a big lineup of new Husky's so I shot a simple message to them-

"Hey Chip - since you guys are selling Husky's now, can you get parts for previous generation Huskys - ie for my 2013 TE449?"

Answer???

"Yes we can! We can get any part you need and get you 20% off MSPR"

I have to say this is VERY good news! Is this on a dealer-by-dealer agreement, ie are some "big" parts movers that have allot of web sales getting special treatment or can we expect any KTM dealer to have parts access?

I have sort of been tuned out as of late because (knock on wood) I haven't needed any parts!
  3. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    So far I am reading 2 data points which are joint KTM-Husky stores.

I wouldn't expect a standalone KTM dealer to have access to the Husky parts catalog based on the information so far.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    They should be able to get the parts, but some dealerships are unwilling to do so.
    I have always purchased a lot of gear from Chaparral Motorsports and always ask when they are going to carry Husky's? They have always had some excuse so I asked again recently and the answer was still a rather rude No.
  5. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Because turning away business is always a good...wait a minute...I forgot what was good about turning away business!

What about mega sellers like Rocky Mountain (my personal fav) - you would think they would go after any new business if it was possible. You would think that any sensible shop would go after the market especially if there is no new investment on their end.
  6. Kawagumby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE310, 2014 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250R, KDX220, 1987KDX200
    I would think that any KTM dealer who also carried the pre-KTM husky's would have, or be able to get, any available part to support their previous sales. No?

Any forum-member shops have access to older husky parts?
  7. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I bought a part (a side plate model designation sticker for my WR125) from my local Husqvarna dealer, and it had a sticker on the packaging that said "original KTM part" written on it, Seems so wrong, somehow.:(
    268fords, jasonmt, jmetteer and 4 others like this.
  8. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I have to say this is a very positive development... I was starting to grow concerned that parts at some point would become a problem for my TE. I am starting to rest a bit more easily as I really love this bike and expect to keep it in the garage for quite some time. At some point I expect to do something stupid and needs parts!
  9. jasonmt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:

Same here, I ordered this on April 25 and it showed up yesterday:

[IMG]
    Dirtdame likes this.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is good news.
  11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    So, do Husqvarna dealers have access to the KTM parts catalog? Seems like if it goes one way, it ought to go the other.
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm still hoping that someday Amazon.com will have all the parts I need so I can get the Amazon Prime deal on free two day shipping.
  13. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Rocky Mountain MC is PRETTY close to that - and they carry OEM KTM. I wonder if they are going to sell Husky now too. That would be incredible! They also stock a TON of parts...I broke an inner clutch hub - something I did not think they would stock and I had it at my door in two days!
  14. jasonmt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Same parts, one a year or so old in a Husqvarna bag and the one I just got:

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. I wanted to give my local KTM and newly acquired Husqvarna dealership a shot. I gave them a list of OEM parts I needed, they said they could probably get them and they would call me back, a month later I ordered everything online from Halls and other sources. It almost seems dealerships have given up service after the sale, I've tried repeatedly to support local dealerships with poor results, good thing for the internet and the few excellent dealerships outside my area.
  16. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I recognize that brake light switch. I put ASV levers on my TE and the lever doesn't make contact with the switch so my brake light is always on. I've been too lazy to modify the lever.
  17. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I have all but given up on locals as well. When I was racing I was going through quite a few parts keeping two bikes running competitively. I asked the owner of my local shop (which is ironically out of business now lol) if they would match the good KTM dealers online that would discount 25-30% off OEM prices and ship free too. Heck, 20% OEM and available locally I would be ok with...and I still have tax to deal with. So I wasnt looking for the "greatest" deal or I would have just kept ordering from Cycle Zone.

His answer??? "Nah, not interested. Our prices are take it or leave it." So I left it... Ironically, their prices were 106%-111% of OEM to cover their shipping costs. They also ONLY ordered on Thursday so if you wanted it faster than one week they charged an extra $14 special service fee or some other BS.

No wonder so many local shops go out of business...