1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Kick Stand (side stand in UK)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by harry, Sep 20, 2008.

1. harry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi

Just taken del of 08 TE450 and really enjoying it apart from a couple of problems. The bike cannot be left on the stand unless the ground is flat and level (lots of gates on UK off road tracks so have to stop every 10 mins or so to open them) as the angle is too shallow and the bike often falls over. It seems as if the stand should have a bend in it so it is further out from the bike where it meets the floor. Are there any mods to improve matters?

Also the bike runs out of fuel without the low light coming on and when I refill it can only get 5 litres in to the 7 litre tank? I guess this must be a fuel pick up problem and I will be taking the pump out to see what I find

Cheers
    Harry
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, the stand needs to be about a 10mm or so shorter and the auto retract system makes it even worse. Maybe they will fix it with the '09's.

Fuel pumps seem to have an issue with coming out of their sockets. Mine started out fine, but came loose and casued me to run out of fuel during a race. I should have seen it comes becuse the low fuel light stopped coming on, but the bike would start dieing from low fuel pressure.

Pull the pump and set it back into it's socket and put about three good zip ties on it. If you use enough ties so they can't slide down the "fingers" it shouldn't be a problem.
  3. chamber66 Guest

Know what you mean about the stand. Went to get a gate on my first day out on the new bike and it just fell over :eek:
  4. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

stand

really crap stand your right,i plan on putting a 09 stand on mine its ally and has a foot on it and seems a lot longer.
  5. harry Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have had a section cut out of the stand and a slightly larger foot welded on - it is better but still needs care. The fuel pickup has been re-fitted correctly and now the tank can be emptied - still, I can only get 65 miles to a tank so have ordered a 3 gallon tank from Halls. The bike is great to ride. Thanks to all for advice
  6. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

harry

i think you are chap i phoned to sell my beta? if you are hi got my 450 love it just few small issues ,had power up kit and sure its going to be the dogs when sorted
  7. harry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi Patgas - yes it is the same Harry. Enjoy the bike. In a few weeks I should be able to tell you how the 3 gallon tank mod went.
  8. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

te 450

yep love the bike handles far better than the beta,but going to try 14 front sprocket to make first couple of gears more usable for what i want,may try throttle cam did you say you put one on yours? how was it ?
  9. harry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Geared up front one tooth from std and it is a bit better but probably needs two more on rear too. Don't think enough clearance for two up on front and may be too much anyway. I had the 'soft start' cam fitted to throttle from the off and am using the softest option. It seems fine to me and well sharp enough so I imagine the std throttle may be a bit harsh for the slippery stuff
  10. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

cool

cool harry but by going up on back you will bring ratios back to the same as13/47 u want to go smaller on back ie 13/47 =3.62 and 14/49=3.50, i will try the throttle cam and 14 up front and leave at that.
  11. harry Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes your are right - I was having a blond moment
  12. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

power up kit

dont know if you hav power up kit but mine revs like a two stoke,pretty awsome machine