Kawasaki terminates Davi Millsaps contract!!!

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Wonder what happened?

In your out-of-left-field news of the day, Monster Energy Kawasaki has terminated the contract of Davi Millsaps effective immediately, the team announced in a statement. The team will not race the final three rounds of Monster Energy Supercross and will return for Lucas Oil Pro Motocross with Wil Hahn. The team released a vague press release, which you can read below, with no details on why the decision was made. We will have more information later on the surprising announcement.

IRVINE, Calif. – Monster Energy Kawasaki has terminated its agreement with Davi Millsaps effective immediately. Unfortunately this means our factory race team will not be competing at the final three rounds of the Monster Energy Supercross season but we will be cheering on our 250SX support team Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki as well as TwoTwo Motorsports’ Chad Reed and Josh Grant in the 450SX class. With Wil Hahn continuing to recover from his injury, we are working hard on our motocross program and the factory team is looking forward to getting back to the track for the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross season opener at Hangtown on May 16.
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Pulled a JS7 lol
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    is that it WTH:excuseme:
  4. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
  5. oldbikedude Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1988 wr 430 with cr suspension
    Other Motorcycles:
    66flh,67 CA77,76 CR125M,73H1,74ty250
    Hmm :thinking: That still didn't answer anything 'cept he didn't break the sanctioning bodies rules.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "While I am not at liberty to discuss details, I can say without equivocation that I have not violated any AMA or FIM rule or regulation. At this point I am evaluating my options, both professional and legal."

Sounds like it might get messy.
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dang I like Davi and hope things work out good for him in the end.
    ray_ray and Rob1965 like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

me too.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    My best guess would be, that he test rode another team's bike and his contract specifically forbids him from riding anything else...
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Could be. Heck I'd let my rider ride them all and tell me what he likes and I'd make his that way; as long as he didn't share our little secrets ;).
    oldbikedude likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm gonna bring Davis' words out here in case that link above goes away or something ..

“Although my results have not been what I had hoped for up to this point, I have continued to give my best effort and have fulfilled all of my contractual obligations. I am aware that there is much speculation regarding my termination. While I am not at liberty to discuss details, I can say without equivocation that I have not violated any AMA or FIM rule or regulation. At this point I am evaluating my options, both professional and legal. I apologize to my fans, sponsors and fellow competitors for the confusion this has caused. I want to especially thank Monster Energy for continuing to stand behind me. I look forward to resolving this and getting back to racing. See you soon.”

--

Sounding a little weird for this sport because don't remember this happening recently with a rider of DM18s' caliber ... His note above has got a few business words sprinkled around and all on the high road ... I'd expect this from this rider all others in this sport ... They are really young MIL riders playing with multi-MIL$ companies and sponsors ... I still remember CR22 telling all of them to get off a few yrs back, coming really close to bridge-burning, then really raced on his own a yr or so AND then, after that success on his ~own, they all came back to him and the $ he could make for them. They even refereed to CR22 in that note above ... That's business today .... So what ever this time is for Davi, the podium can fix it all ...

Probably no point in reading KAWI words but keeping your ears peeled for what KAWI does for riders or not for riders in the very near future should tell a story of its' own.

--
    Here's a pic of Davi riding a KAWI ... Look at his feet off the pegs ... Must be riding wrong again as my feet never hardly come off the pegs when I ride ..
    davi780_870796.jpg

LandofMotards and john01 like this.
  12. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    He had a good weekend for the most part in Houston. Some really good back and forth in the qualifiers.
  13. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Looks like he's geared up to ride pumpkins in that pic and not the green meenies.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Only path I see back to the podium for this rider is riding a 450 Husqvarna ...

Orange and Davi and that KX just looks off ...

--

Looks like he running showa air forks ... Any other PRO riders running those forks out there on any size KX?
  15. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Haha...would be sweet if he won the Nat's on a Husky and Nagl wins the MXGP :thumbsup:
    It does look like RD5's year though, look forward to the outdoor series.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think Tomac is going to shake things up.
    trailboss likes this.
  17. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Possible to make room for Canard next year?
    Later george
  18. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Canard won't leave honda, he feels like he owes them for standing behind him through all the injuries.
    FatDaddyMX and Motosportz like this.
  19. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    but bidness is bidness...
    NCSteve and oldbikedude like this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cycle News lastest issue says (Rumor) some journalist found out a Kawasaki rep found something in Davi's locker that constituted a violation with WADA (drugs) but he had not taken it and has never proven positive for anything. Seems like they are pushing him out to sign Tomic which is also on the same page and is said to be a done deal. Tough biz.
    Tinken likes this.