Kawasaki h2 & h2r

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Bigbill, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  2. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's faster than a speeding ticket
  4. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    When my son bought his used GSXR 750 used the service engine light can on. The bike was in a accident and had a new frame with a cracked throttle body the dealer told us. That afternoon they told us, that night we had many offerings of the throttle body in the local bargain paper. The next day the dealer had the parts. They looked at us like e stole the parts. They had no clue how many bikes are totaled and the parts are for sale. I went to the salesman who I knew for years and said how many die on these bikes after they buy them? He said many. They never rode before then buy a fast bike. I even read about Harley crashes too. My step grandson just went for his motorcycle license. He has dirtbike experience but no road experience. He passed the written and the driving test. He needs a Suzuki 500 GS. Something safe to learn on.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    My first bike was a VFR500 Interceptor. Thanks to the years of dirt experience and taking the safety course, I was good, but still went down twice.
  6. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I hit sand in a parking lot in the middle of summer on my Suzuki gs750l. I tried to save it three times then it was time to let it go. Didn't hurt me or the bike. Before this bike I has three street legal Suzuki TS bikes. I miss them they were fun rides. My next bike was a 81 Kawasaki kz650. Nice smooth bike. My buddy tried to race me on his Honda cbr600. He down shifted one gear I down shifted two gears and stayed with him then when he seen that he let off quickly. This 600 is the one my 98 husky 250wr had beat off the start. I like playing well the there egos. Top end he'd kill me but down low I got him don't tell him.

My son tee boned a deer on a blind turn. The deer was on the handle bars and front fender. He kept the bike up, stopped and the deer ran off. He said the herd was in the road with no place for him to go. Dirtbike experience. Now he gets the GSXR750 and comes to see me fishing I see the headline around the bend looking in the sky. He almost hit another deer. I need to take him and his bike deer hunting. Deer magnet.
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LopMoV5ahqg&ebc=ANyPxKqMBCzq80rWqsRC9S0YdhzjRq_GWuI-Jxp1hI_iGSUuwTpBVXL2TbRAR0B5N-zNPR3fP0aINxprcsGO_t6a9m-Dm445vg

217 mph = 350km

What's the fastest you have ever gone on two wheels?

I been 150/155mph on my 99 1200 bandit. That's 75% of 217mph, not even close. When man becomes one with a machine. I always thought with my bandit it's as close to a fighter pilot as I'd ever get. The rush. I know there's faster bikes out there.

Now I wonder when Suzuki and Yamaha will answer the call? Upgrade the Yamaha R1 and the hayabusa?
    Hayabusa= falcon, it's 220mph on the dyno. It's going to be a horsepower and top speed race.

Where's the Harley who???
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    KTM 390 Duke, with ABS. only $5k msrp. Cycle Worlds top 10, best lightweight street bike.
  9. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    It's all about the speed, power, dropping a leg in the turns. Ect.

The MV Agusta F4 is about the class. She's a Italian sports car on two wheels. Two different rides. This one Sunday's only.
  10. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Been fast. Supposedly all rockets that are street legal are governed at 186ish in the states unless you do reflash of ecu to eliminate all the current restrictions. Also limited with gearing which we all know can be changed. Mine is the white one and my youngest just picked up this fz9 image.jpeg image.jpeg
  11. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The faster bikes aren't imported here to the states.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    The Japanese manufacturers agreed to keep it at 186 during the top speed wars in the early 2000's so that the government didn't step in.
    Teambowles likes this.
  13. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Plenty of slightly used parts around from first time riders. That's unfortunate. Most youngsters never rode dirtbikes. The state does a training course I think they don't take it serious enough. Plus speed on city streets kills. People pulling out don't see your there, but our speed makes us appear suddenly. Got to go slow in tight city streets.
  14. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    Test rode this bike and got the Tracer Variant
    Same as your son's FZ09
    20160416_122357.jpg
    Teambowles likes this.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    The fz09 looks good. Seeing some of these bikes that are priced affordable makes me wonder why the dirtbikes are so expensive that have way less than a streetbike. Ever wonder that?

A local dealer has the new H2 for $25K. I guess the H2R is around $50k no lights but I'm sure someone will sell a light package. I can see a new rider buying a H2 for his first bike.

As we're approaching driverless cars I wonder how long the GP races ect, will be driven by technology with no rider. A racer could be in a computer room and pilot the bike on the race track. Probably not in my lifetime but I'm sure it's coming someday.
  16. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Looks identical I think they just call it different in other countries. Orange even very nice, love the black stripe down the tank. So if its like ours its top speed is 130 ish which is fine. Watched a lot of you tube videos on this bike and high speed wobble was an issue just fyi. Ours seems not to have wobble but hes running gold pro taper ricky Carmichael bars which are wider which seem to make it more stable. Hes also running the yoshimura pipe which after looking at the stock pipe you cant just put a slip on on. Also yosh makes a really clean fender eliminator kit for her. His came with all the extras so we didn't put them on. Congrats awesome bike watch those 3rd gear power wheelies lol.
  17. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    I agree Bill, prices are crazy. Around my area you can buy a brand new 16 fz9 for $8300 otd cheaper than all 450 dirt bikes and way less than a ktm or husky. Fit and finish is great on the bikes but they are a bit sparse and use soft or low price suspension pieces. Prices are nuts right now and look at truck prices insane. H2R cannot be made street legal is my understanding at least not in California for sure. On my zx14 I have traction control and don't like it I always turn it off. I think its just what im used to and don't want a computer telling me what to do. A buddy has the same zx14 with ABS which works flawlessly and I do wish I had that.
  18. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    $50K +++ for a new truck. That's crazy. Plus there not a real feaseable work truck. There people/family movers with the focus on creature comforts. Where's the plain Jane basic pickup truck? How's a young family suppose to get by. We could always make a buck with a pickup. There pricing themselves out of the market.

Back in '75 I paid $29,900 k for my first house. Six years ago the house was worth $300k.

Back in '78 I purchased a '76 2wd one ton truck with dualies. I purchased a suburban for the 4x4 parts. I built a k30 4x4 with locking differentials, 400hp small block, 400th auto, 11,000lb rear diff, wrecker 8" frame. To haul firewood. The new '78 k30's were $25k this truck cost me about $7k. Being out of work I didn't want a mortgage on a new truck. I had 72 leaf springs in the truck, 10 on each side in the front, in the rear 16 in the main, 10 in the helper springs. I built the truck for the GWV of 15,000lbs. I can out of the gravel pits with 1 1/4" stone weighing 16,000lbs. The springs didn't sag at all. I built what I needed.

I been emailing Subaru about a wrx pickup truck AWD like there Bratt was. Just a little truck to haul bikes with a trailer.
  19. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    They are electronically limited, guys on the MT09/FZ09 forums say they'll easily break 300kmh /~185mph when this is hacked- I have no desire to go anywhere near that fast on the road.
    My bike is the Tracer, bigger tank, bigger seats, a few extra features and looks very different, more suited to touring and I've even gone off road. It's NOT designed for off road at all and avoid it when I can.
    I actually really like the traction control, it's nothing like a car traction control. It limits power just enough to stop big wheelies a d wheels spin.
  20. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    H2R is purely a track bike but l'm sure someone in some state will have it street registered, dunno why? The fact that Kawasaki don't even issue a warranty for this bike say's it all..its built for one purpose and that's on the track.

Quickest l've been is around 280-290 kmph on old Fireblade and Aprilia Mille, on my old R6 trackbike, l could hit 280kmph on the main straight of Phillip Island but the best feeling is dropping into a corner at 200+km, now that is a buzz and all pre technology!!
    duggoey likes this.