Just got 7k valve adjustment and it won't run!

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Gravityfednick, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Gravityfednick Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    I picked up my Terra from the dealership last night after having fork seals done and the valve adjustment done because the wrench light turned on. I went for a short ride when I picked it up and everything was fine. This morning, I let the bike warm up for a good 10-15 minutes and when I stood it up off the kick stand, it stalled. Restarted it and went to go and it stalled again and this time the engine light came on. I parked it and will be contacting the dealership this afternoon. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice as the dealership doesn't seem very knowledgeable about TR650s.
  2. Gravityfednick Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650
    Well, crisis averted. When the mechanic reassembled the bike he routed the wires and plugs from my EJK different and one of the plugs had come loose. It was good that I went back in because in the course of our conversation, I realized they didn't have much information about the TR650 at all. Like how to even check the oil. I let the bike run for 20 minutes or so until the fan came on and then checked it. Waaaaaayyyy too much oil! They got it sucked down to where it needed to be and I was on my way. For any issues in the future, I may try the BMW shop instead.
  3. jawjo Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TERRA 650
    Wow, Glad to hear that your bike is fine..the post heading made my stomach sink. I tried the BMW dealer in SA and they would not even contemplate servicing my TR650...

All the best
    George