1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Just checking back in

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by old76cr, Sep 30, 2017.

1. old76cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Been a while. Was busy with renovations and restoring a Norton. Had the old girl out today. Still rips!

Attached Files:

2. Crashaholic Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 450WR 6spd motor in a 75 MK frame
    I raced the similar 75 360cr in 75 and although the suspension and agility were great I didn't care for the power band. It lacked torque and for me it was especially noticeable after racing a 450 for a of couple years. In hindsight I understand HVA's need for a competitive MXGP bike but I think it hurt HVA's American off-road market.
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Norton? My coworker had a 750 norton commando and a restored matchless. Fourth years ago I knew nothing about bikes but what he had surely was purdy. Now I realized what he showed me.

I built a fast '81 cr250 but soon after I bought my first cr390. The 250 was left in the garage, the 390 was so much faster. Everybody I let ride both bikes liked the 250 much better. The 390 had power top to bottom.
  4. old76cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Mines fast enough for me. I'm the same age as my numberplate.
    justintendo likes this.
  5. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    A guy on a old suzuki rm250 tried to keep up with the cr390 and couldn't. He showed up days later with a new Yamaha 400. But he never came near me again. I really liked impressing other riders who didn't grow up or knew about the huskys. They don't realize that the newer bikes with power valves take some of the top speed away and add more bottom end. Funny some of my buddies who got spanked by my cr250 would show up in my shop and look at the rear of the 250 when they seen the rear view before anyway and ask what bike is that? I wanted to say that's the old bike that kicked your butt. But I kept my mouth shut. When ever my son was on that 250cr our secret word would be, " take it easy on that old bike" that meant show them what this old husky gal could do.

As we get older we tend to slow down and just enjoy the ride and hearing the fin ring again.
  6. ajcmbrown Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400WR 250WR 07 WR500 430AE 360AE
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 500CR Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    Ahhh....1959, that was a particularly good year! :cheers:
    I wish I was still as fast as my Huskies!
    Tony.