Just bought a new shape 610!!!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Flynn, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well since my old 2001 died on last weekend's trackday, as luck would have it I went straight to ebay last weekend and found this beauty:

somehow, no one else had bid on it and I got it in the back for £1700, a steal!

I get the impression the build quality is markedly improved on the '06 and upwards models, as well as more trick front suspension, digi dash and a Keihn carb.

Gonna pick it up tomorrow, excited!

Tell me what you think:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/husqvarna...jMe9%2FkL7A5lp8wXdsHc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
    DYNOBOB likes this.
  2. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well my dad took me there in his car, we got the bike, I rode it 87 miles back home and wow, what a difference to my old 2001!

It feels like a race bike in comparison, it's sooooooooo fast, vibey and raw! I can't believe it's the same engine just with a Keihn MX41, Scorpion can and perhaps a quick throttle?

I must have been doing 100 and it was still pulling like a savage, to the point it pushed the peak on my dual sport helmet down.

If this thing was my first bike instead of my 2001 I would have been scared shitless by it! It revs out in a way that my old one could only dream of. The action is frantic and quick.

I only paid £1700 for it, it's worth £2500 all day long. Somehow no one else bid on it?? Dunno why, if I was a religious guy I might have said it was god's will :rolleyes:

I was only off a bike for 8 days!

Here's a couple of pics, I've literally got it home and started writing this

[IMG]

[IMG]

Only thing is, I don't wanna dual sport it because it's so damn nice!
    Geoduch and DYNOBOB like this.
  3. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Hang on, will add pics as attachments

DSCF0640.JPG

DSCF0639.JPG
    Theo, robertaccio and rancher1 like this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The big updates for the power increase were the carb and higher compression. Looks like you got a good deal !!!
  5. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Crazy what a bit of compression and a carb can do for a motor huh? This thing is just ballistic, had it power sliding outta corners around town!

The character of the engine is just completely different to my old one. It's so lively, it wants to rev and rev until the limiter, which is also higher than on my 2001. But this one actually head butts the limiter whereas my 2001 never got near it because it just became wheezy and slow after about 6000 rpm.

I would say it's a good 10-15 more horsepower than my old one and it's about 20 kilos lighter. Feels like a race moto after my old one! And the tank holds more gas!

Is it true they made a TE version of this? I was hoping to dual sport it but I am really having second thoughts, but I figure if they made a TE610 on the same platform then it should dual sport pretty well?

I just don't want it to get scratched up like my old one did as it is sooo nice!

Also how does this compare to the FI models and the 630? I was thinking of getting finance on a new SWM super dual (630), if the 630 is more powerful than this and has the same characteristics then I'm sold!
  6. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    The FI model complies with Euro 3 standard. It has 5 HP less, some kg more and better fuel consumption than your '06.
    I gues that they sacrificed some power for better consumption and, therefore, less pollution.
    Besides, only the first FI models had the golden forks with compression adjustment: the black forks have only rebound.
    The 630 is maybe a little more powerful than yours but much heavier.
    It also has DOHC and so adjusting the valves clearance is done differently.

There was a TE version of your bike.

I like how excited you are about the new beast‼
  7. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Bike looks very well looked after.
    The brake pedal is a sinch to replace.
    Happy Days Mate.
  8. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well I've found a couple of jobs that need doing.

The reed valve cover has been chewed away by the cam chain

One flywheel magnet is completely missing and the rest are missing their resin.

I've already replaced the cam chain on my 2001 so I know what I'm doing.

But this bike doesn't seem to be as dual purpose as my old 2001 which was more of an enduro with road wheels than the new shaped 610 which is a purpose built supermoto.

I will probably try selling this once I've replaced the camchain and buying a ktm 625smc or 525 exc, whichever is easier to swap between setups.
  9. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2006-2007 610s were probably the best of the lot for a all around bike.
  10. Spice Weasel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 SM610
    Not being funny, but woudnt a WR450f be a more suitable bike for what you want to do?
  11. Flynn Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    You are indeed correct Spicy Weasel, which is why I am going to sell this thing after I've replaced the cam chain and fitted crash bobbins and polished the exhaust up.

Paid £1700, should be able to sell it for low to mid £2000s ish, depending on if the right buyer is looking at the right time.

It's not the same bike as my 2001, too compromised by being specced as an SM from the beginning, rather than being an SMC from an enduro like the 2001 model was.

Looking for a KTM 525 EXC or similar...