Just a local trail ride Friday the 13th and moto industry name drop

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by robertaccio, Jul 23, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    So Friday the 13th we had a text to ride from earlier in the week. The local mountains and Dez of SoCal were having intermittent thunderstorms and we were all watching the radar!!
    Well Thurs nite showed some storms hitting our fave local spot. And the text was jumping it started with LR (yea that guy) asking me if I was free on Friday morn.....of course I will make myself free to ride with the hall of famer on wet dirt in the zone. Quickly I hit up #PIAMBRO* to inform him of our plan knowing that he was open for anything moto related, plus I have his bone stock 89 XR250R in my garage, he was in anyway even without LR.
    So the plan was I carry my 300 and the XR, LR meets up with his YZ450FX, and Pietro drives directly to the zone and meets up from freaking Pasadena to east county San Diego!. I show and find 2 local fast kids 1 Ive known for quite some (Luke) time the other (Kyle from Maxima Oils) is new to me.
    They are a good choice to join the no dust conga line and are stoked to join up with Larry as well. So we get in a really good wet condition ride with LR YZ450FX, Luke YZ250X, Kyle CRF450R, Pietro XR250R and me TX300. As is normal by afternoon the dust had already started.....in small amounts but already started again.
    Name dropper, Most don't need to look up LR but do it anyway his moto career is amazing in all off-road disciplines.
    As for Piambro (Pietro Ambrosioni) you've most likely all have seen his foto work from SX, MXGP, AMA MX, other AMA and FIM moto stuff as well as his studio model art stuff, and maybe even read some of his articles in Moto.it (in Eng) and other journals/magazines, also he's GiVi International Marketing Rep. and keeper of the GiVi explorer program.
    Anyway not really a need to drop names but I also figure its always good publicity for the professional Moto industry folks anytime they are out and about on the scene.
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I've been known to drop a name or two. It happens
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Too cool for school!
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Practicing my sit down game.... likely story!:busted::oldman:
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    or old guy, too lazy to stand you be the judge, PS LR is a stand up rider for the most part