1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

JT racing gear

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by retro rocket, Jan 1, 2011.

1. retro rocket Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like JT racing has relaunched ... Their site went up today.

http://www.thejtracing.com/gear.htm

Stuff looks amazing - period design. No skulls or red bull graphics any where!!!
  2. oldskool63 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cool! The pants look very reminiscent of my old JT's I had back in the early 80's. My Honda 480R actually had red plastics. Good stuff.
  3. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a JT Hemet back in the Day and it looks as tho I might have one again....
  4. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey, thanks for the link. I'm in. Next best thing to vintage gear in looks, and it's actually new. I also used to have a mint ALS-2 in the Bailey colors, and as well, looks like I might have one again.

Can't wait to see what the most Husky friendly color combos, in the new JT gear looks like. Since all they showed is the ever popular red/wht/blu type examples.
  5. retro rocket Husqvarna
    AA Class

I emailed the company and asked when it will be available and it seems that it wont be on sale until May -
  6. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

That new helmet is kinda cool, and odd at the same time to me. But I still think killer helmets ended with the original ALS 1's & 2's. Actually had an ALS-2 white, with the red & blue original stickers several years ago. Darn thing was to nice to use, and to original. Should have been in a museum. Like an idiot I sold it in a weak moment wanting cash for something else. Just bought an agv MT-X solid white helmet, but I kinda wish those new JT's were out. Can't wait to see some other pics of them.
  7. 1982 XC 430 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any body know anything new? I have joined there News Letter twice and still havn't herd anything back.
  8. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Seem static...no new anything. I was gonna wait for some new JT gear but since no replies to my emails I'll be buying Klim and Fox gear.
  9. Hwy Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '86 510TX / '90 250WXE / '87 510TE
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 KTM 525MXC / '91 KTM 300DXC
    Word just in......JT Racing apparel will be available June 2011 along with the updated website and 2011 catalog.
  10. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the heads-up. I was thinking about this recently. After spotting another update on availability too. I'll go take a look now though. I loved my JT gear back in the day, and need new stuff now. As I continue to slowly progress towards getting back into riding, so perfect timing.

Thanks.......
  11. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

When will the helmets be available????
  12. taticalguru Husqvarna
    C Class

I like the look nice and simple
  13. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dig the look both because it's nice & simple/mild, compared to today's wild/loud visual styling, but also because it's the closest I've seen to looking like the old gear I personally used to love. I like what I've seen thus far of the new helmet, the ALS-02, quite a bit. Then the slightly pricier of the two glove versions alot, and the pants/leathers quite a alot too. The jersey's, I suppose I like the least, but would/will still (likely) buy one. If new never used true vintage stuff was easier to find, and on the cheap, I'd probably not bother with the new stuff.

I hope they come out with some JT boots also.
  14. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

By the way, I was told by the JT retailer they push on the JT site, that they were expecting the helmets by the end of the month, or so he thought. Wouldn't personally hold my breath on that, but perhaps it will prove true. I still haven't heard back on my email to JT themselves yet, regarding the ALS-02 availability.
  15. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

On the ALS-02 helmets, just received a reply this morning from JT.

So there's the latest on the helmets, for those like myself that have some interest.
  16. retro rocket Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just received my Yellow and Blue pants, jersey and gloves combo ... I am very pleased with it.
  17. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any chance you can post up some pics, or a link to pics of your new gear???? I can't for the life of me decide on which colors to go with. Doesn't feel like a perfect match on any of them, so I can't decide. Made it easy when the gear said the bikes make name down the sleeves, and it all perfectly matched the bikes. I keep bouncing between the blue and yellow combo, and the white and blue. May wait till the helmets get out, before I commit.
  18. motortechniek Husqvarna
    B Class

i have let my gear reproduced at a local company, pants ware 100 euro, shirt 40 euro, any custom compy details: www.dapa.be
    bocht.jpg design possibol.
  19. Husky37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 CR500, 85 CR500, 89 TE 610
    I'm not so sure about the new JT helmets etiher.... Chuck Sun was in the UK racing this weekend and was waering New JT Gear including the helment... I still prefer the originals... here's a couple of pics of mine.

ALS-1 p2 small.jpg
    ALS-2 p1 small.jpg
  20. 1Tuff500XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, the original ALS helmets, are hard to beat in the looks department. I still just immediately think trick/sano, whenever I see a pic of one. Takes me right back to the 80's for a moment.

I already forgot what the new ones look like, but hopefully they do in fact have a little touch of the great looks and appeal of their originals.

Is it legal to race or ride on tracks with the old helmets, or do they not pass some inspection/certification at this point?

Those originals are sure some gorgeous looking helmets. For a while I had a mint Bailey colored ALS-2, from right when the full face 2's first came out. Never should have sold it.