Johnson Valley: Sep 14-16 2012

Discussion in 'West - USA' started by Jeff aka BOLT, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Shopping for lightly used 09/10 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    350SXF 530EXC 300XC 525EXC 525MXC
    Just a social invite to my Husky Bros...

Here are a couple photos of the last solo ride I did in the rocks near camp:

[IMG]

Here is a great video taken by RAZR on one of his rides:

Let's ride this area while we still can !
    everfree and Tinken like this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Curious. As I recall you used to require some type of documentation to be faxed/mailed/emailed before people could join your group, is that still the case? (or my memory could be at fault - again)

Cost?
  3. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No... not exactly. Where you got that impression is when we started our first photo gallery and forum, the main users of the site wanted it private... and didn't want TT like registration of a bunch of internet clowns looking at our trip photos and making juvenile posts on our site. So we required folks that wanted to look at our photos to fill out an online form and come on a ride before allowing access. This eliminated the lookie-loos.

With new software and better web skills... and a few years of learning what works and what doesn't work for a small regional riding group like ours... we built a new site that is more open... much more automated... but just as before, NO ONE NEEDS JOIN ANYTHING TO COME RIDE. Signing up on the site is VOLUNTARY & FREE. The ride Calendar and much of the forum that relates to the rides is open and available to anyone... even without a login.

The folks that choose to sign up do have access to other web features and private riding events... as it should be.

The only cost is voluntary (just like Café Husky). Only those that care to toss in a few bucks do.

My view on the subject of money & friends: http://ridersonline.org/2012/subscriptions.htm

Bottom-line Coffee... we are about RIDING ! Our site is a super simple way to make that happen in an effortless way. We are a place to stick a pin in a calendar at a riding location... and people just show up to ride with you !

And if you wanna sign up and talk to folks about the ride before and after thats OK too. It's a little more intimate than the talk forums... but it certainly does not compete with or replace them. Nothing will ever take the place of Café Husky or KTMTalk or ADV Rider for the knowledge and community you guys all provide us users.

Regards... Jeff aka BLT
  4. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    What should we look for? I will be driving from Landers.
  5. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here are the Google directions: http://ridersonline.org/2012/johnson_dir.htm

My little Toyhauler and truck look like this:

[IMG]

Should be 1 or 2 KTMs by the rig. I won't have flags or palm tree up cause my buddy is rewelding the mounts. Desert wind can be rough.

I'll be there Friday before dark thru Sunday noon for sure. I leave when the crowd dies and/or I get bored.
  6. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    BTW - there is a good size riders logo on my tail gate if in doubt... small stickers on the trailer and truck windows too.

logo on toyhauler.jpg
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    There are several different staging areas, Johnson is a huge area. I rode from Anderson last Saturday. Rovers M/C will be racing there on the 15th and 16th. Should be 90-94 degrees that weekend, not too bad. I need to take my bike to Ty before I venture out again, but would love to go when I get sorted.
  8. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Temps won't hit 90 till 2-3PM. Riding starts in the high 60s... and we are done by the time it gets warm.

Sorry you guys can't see my answers yet. I seem to be on new guy probation with all posts being hidden from view. Hopefully mods will do their review soon.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Got it. :)

For the most part, cafe husky is a fairly laid back place, and filled with good people.

Sorry I did not approve your account last night, incredibly tired.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FYI - TT used to use vB, and are now using IPB. Your site is using SMF. We are using xF which operates a bit differently - I can tell you are figuring things out, but if you need some additional input/tips:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/have-you-seen.75/

For instance if you click 'reply' in the lower right hand corner of a post, then that post will be quoted, and the person you quoted will receive an 'alert'. There are a few other slick features as well. :cheers:
    Jeff aka BOLT likes this.
  11. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks Coffee. :cheers:
  12. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Just finalizing a couple things...

I'll arrive Friday... hopefully before dark.

Saturday bike ride LEAVES CAMP AT 8:00AM. (come early)

Staging: http://ridersonline.org/2012/johnson_stage.htm

For those new to the group look for my rig:
    (No Flags this time - holders out getting welded)
    [IMG]

Look for the RIDERS logo on my tailgate:
    [IMG]
  13. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    There has been some concern about the temps. Not to worry. We'll start our ride at 69F at 8AM. We'll be back at lunch before it hits 90F. Nice 9 mph breeze. High temp of 94F at 4PM. Beer sipping hour !

Sunday will be about 3 degrees cooler. Excellent weather.
  14. PALMER84ONE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450 THE ROCKET
    Other Motorcycles:
    12 RS520, CRF150F/230F, YZ250
    Jeff,
    Nice to see you over here too. Sorry I will not make this one and not to sure about the end of the month either. Early next month for the Rez or your Dez for sure.
    Cheers!
  15. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. moreccsthanlbs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 510
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 CR500
    Looking forward to yet another great season of riding with Riders. We are just a group that likes to ride. Come on out and join us, see you all out there....p.s...I'm fat,slow but I'm fun to be around
  17. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    A little desert heat and miles of whoops will do the body good :popcorn:
    tshea529 likes this.
  18. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    UPDATE FROM BOLT:

Fellas my main generator for my house went down last night. (We live off-grid) Using RV gennies to power house. This is delaying my arrival to JV. Yolanda and the dogs will not be coming for the weekend. Although she will come up Saturday for a few hours leaving puppies at home.

I will be there for Saturday ride. But I may roll in Sat AM rather than Friday night. I'll post here just before heading out either way.

See you soon. Jeff aka BOLT
  19. Jeff aka BOLT Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    We were only camped about 20 miles from the ROVERS D37 Race. They were staged at Cougar Buttes. .. but we turned it into 42 miles of fun getting there... AND NEVER SAW ANOTHER PERSON till we got to their camp. You know we were having some fun !

Sunday we explored the south end some more and found stuff I didn't even know existed in this part of the desert. Also Stumbled onto the Hammers. Rode a small portion of the Sledge. Got smart and found some more fun stuff less damaging to side covers.

Those that stayed home cause they thought it was hot... well IT WAS AT YOUR HOUSE ! We had the good weather with us this weekend. Great time for the Rovers Race... and sport riding.

Gotlabs, tshea529, bigjon and 2 others like this.