1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    Going to Moab middle of April this year. I have a stock 2011 WR250. What jets should I start out with?
  2. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 CR125 Husky, 06 TC510, 08 TC510
    Hi, I've never touched jetting at all before since the day of purchase of my 06 cr125 husky. Recently I ordered an FMF Fatty to get more overall grunt from the bottom to top, so that will be coming in shortly. Long story short, the bike is fine in bottom-top but bogs at mid then cleans up at top, even with fan clutching when i crank the throttle ''bluggghhh bluggghhh... BWAAAAAP!''. I have a JD kit in the closet with a bunch of jets for the new pipe to arrive.

JD KIT
    Main Jet: 380 to 430
    Pilot: 32.5
    Needle: S-4
    Needle clip
    Blue Needle: Richer 0-1/4 throttle
    Red Needle: Leaner 0-1/4 throttle (currently in 3rd clip position which came out of the box)

Once the pipe gets installed, what sizes should i use to make it run nicely, if not more than just beautiful?
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    There's at least 100 posts dedicated the the mid-range bog on the Husky 125s. The solution is a Suzuki RM needle and a couple other minor mods. I suggest you do a search for rm needle posts. A Lectron carb will also solve the issue if you don't mind spending a little more.
  4. QUATTRO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jetting the old Dellorto carb

Hello i have some problems with the cr250 wmx 1991 with the Dellorto.
    It is getting to much fuel with a little trottle
    I have main jet 185
    Iddle jet 40
    Gas trottle 35

Does anyone made some mods to this carb to lets run it alot better?
    Miezie666 likes this.
  5. Mountain_Man Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 CR125 Husky, 06 TC510, 08 TC510

How much are for the Lectron Carbs and can I order them through my local parts shop that I go to? Here in BC, the elevation change happens pretty fast! Next thing Im at sea level or slightly above and half hour later I am up in the mountains. The climate in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley is wonky at times as well.
    justintendo likes this.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I ordered mine directly form Kevin at Lectron or you can get one from Motorsportz. I don't remember the exact amount but a little over $300 comes to mind. I suggest getting a throttle cable at the same time. I regret spending over $100 on needles and jets before switching... My Lectron has long since paid for itself in race fuel savings due to the fact that the mpg has increased by about 30%. I haven't had to change my settings in 2 years although I did turn the power jet out 1/4 turn to ride in the sand on a cold winter day(just a precaution and probably not needed)
  7. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    I run this carb on my WRK 125 and its been great so far- i think u have to check your plug and might lean it out a bit by adjusting the mixture screw or change the needle position.
  8. Kevin Sorce Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Yamaha YZ250, Aprilia RST1000
    All: I have a 1999 WR250 that I am about to put a PWK 38 on. I was never able to get the bottom end real smooth with the TMX regardless of jetting. My question is what main, pilot, needle and slide should I be running as a starting point based on these specs: new Wiseco piston, the "thinner" Athena base gasket ( if I remember correctly, .003?), Procircuit Platinum Pipe, K&N airfilter. 1200 ft elevation is my normal riding spot in Northern, NJ. Thanks
  9. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    Anyone have experience tuning/jetting the TC 85? Interested to hear if you have the time. Thanks. DD
  10. dingodog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '73 CR125, '82 WR250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    XC150
    If I am on the top clip on the HG needle, what would be the equvilant setting on the HH (leaner) needle? I am installing the leaner needle and want to at least begin my adjustments from my last setting, Many thanks. DD
  11. Miezie666 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2x YZ 125, 1x YZ250 2005, XT600 2KF
    I recieved my JD Kit yesterday, put it into my 2013 WR and did a small run.
    Didn t really made any difference to me.
    Started with the 430 mainjet and needle on pistion 4, did another test run and when i closed the throttle i could feel whats happened...
    i m just back from changing the piston... the old one started to seize (was only 5 hours old).
    I m not sure if the idle jet has the right size for riding at sea level...
    Spark plug was looking great- its been brown, i also replaced the intake rubber boot so theres no air leak...
    I m not that impressed using a JD Kit anymore...
  12. ncbrock Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Year & Bike Model = 2009 WR300
    Carb = PWK38
    Pipe & Silencer = PC platinum 2 with 296 silencer
    Other engine mods = none
    Gearing =
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 32:1 yamalube
    Temperature range (deg F) = ~90* with 60%+ humidity
    Elevation (feet) = 1000
    Main jet = 170
    Pilot jet = 48
    Needle = JD gold
    Clip position = 2
    Air screw setting = 1.5
    Slide = stock pwk
    Conclusions/Results =The bike runs perfect, aside from fowling a plug once a ride. I'll be out on the trail mid day and the bike just bogs and wont accept any more throttle. Change the plug and it rips the rest of the day. When the plug is new and for the rest of the day, throttle response is everywhere, power is everywhere. I think it acts up after the really slow stuff. I've only taken apart the carb once and maybe I didn't see it correctly but I wrote down that it had a 48 pilot, and that seems way too big.
  13. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    A 48 PJ seems too big. Try a 45, then a 42, then a 40. I'm running a 40 PJ this summer with similar conditions and mods for single track in the woods here in western Washington. I run a 42 and 45 in the winter depending on the temp.
    lankydoug likes this.
  14. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    Agree with Brian. At that temp and elevation a 48 is probably way too big. When you say fouling plugs are the plugs wet when you pull them? They should be dry and tan. I have gone as lean as a 35 pilot jet in a couple of bikes. I have also ran 158-160 main jets.
    Harbinger likes this.
  15. ncbrock Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    Yes they are wet, and black.
  16. Claybilly17 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 450 SXF
  17. Cheekywig Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR125 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple
    My plug is of a very light tan in colour on the electrode however the strap over the top is even lighter and i cant decide if it is of a greyer or lighter brown colour. I've just installed a 144 kit on my CR125 with a procircuit works pipe. The jetting is standard and the needle clip is in the middle, would I be best to raise the needle or go one bigger on the main jet? any advice will be much appreciated, thanks. Lee. I've added a couple of pictures...

Attached Files:

18. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Do what makes it run the best. The color is close enough and will likely still be with one jet or needle adjustment.
  19. Claybilly17 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 450 SXF
    I have just bought a PWK 38 mm for my 2001 Wr250 and was wondering a starting point for jetting.

Year & Bike Model = 2001 Wr250
    Carb = PWK38
    Pipe & Silencer = Pro Circuit or Custom FMF
    Other engine mods =
    Gearing = stock
    Premix ratio & fuel type = 32:1
    Temperature range (deg F) = 70*
    Elevation (feet) = 1000
    Main jet = ???
    Pilot jet = ???
    Needle = ???
    Clip position = ?
    Air screw setting = ??
    Slide = stock pwk
  20. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I would start with a 40 pilot and 165 main. Not too sure of a good needle. Maybe a DEL or DEK.
    Claybilly17 likes this.