1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Jetting Chat - Need Help? Post Your Questions Here

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Johnnymannen, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
    I will replace both the plug and the O-rings as from right now the jetting seems to be spot on, no spooge, runs much better, but still breaks up right before hitting the redline. As for the O-rings do any jap bikes crossover?? I hate paying $15 shipping from an online husky guy for an $6 items lol

Here's some good single track

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi2-Q22rr08
    juicypips likes this.
  2. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    Go to home depo or a motor factors with the old one from the expansion chamber mine were 50p wich is less than a buck.
    If those dont resolve the problem i would start to tweak your timing a fraction its simple but probably a long shot.

P.s. You dont hang about in some tight woods either!
    But bike sounds spot on in video...?
  3. ERIC EDER Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    SUPERDUKE, GS 750 CAFE, DRZ 400
    No had a bad dead spot on the woods, I played with it all weekend and finally got her running better. I took her out on the street yesterday and shes running alot better but still not perfect. I am shocked at the power this little thing puts out. 6th gear probaly does abot 70+mph. I would be temted to supermoto it if i didnt already have a DRZ 400.

I will try home depot or local hardware store for o-rings. Whats the gap size I should use on new plug?
  4. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I have a question for you jetting guru's..... I am have a problem with a bit of a flat spot in the upper midrange. I only really notice when hard on the gas and pulling a long hill. Best way to describe it as like allmost it's holding back and once I get past that rpm it's on the pipe with massive power again. 12 wr300 with high comp head pc2 exhaust. running a PWK 45P 172MJ and CEL in 3rd clip. I'm guessing the needle is maybe lean?
  5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I went to a DEL (same as CEL except steeper taper for richer top end) and have it in the 4th clip for the colder weather we have been having (until last week!). Runs really well.
  6. WR Chris Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KX250F
    I'm running the Air Stryker carb with JD jettings latest Red needle, not the same one that comes with the blue in your standard off the shelf box. I have the head mod also and port work done on my 12 300. In the nice weather I'm running a 168 main with a 40 pilot with the needle in the second clip from the top. When it gets real hot I might go to a 165/38 combo but it ran awesome yesterday in the upper 70's. If only I had the fitness to stick with it!
  7. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    how do you get that needle? don't see it listed on his site anywhere
  8. WR Chris Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KX250F
    I called him & explained the issues I was having after putting on his kit. I'm not sure of the differences but my motor guy was. I don't recall his name at JD but what a great guy to deal with. Really stands behind his stuff.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  9. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ordered a DEL to try first
  10. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got the DEL in today,won't be able to really test it till tomorrow.But just around the yard and back alley it feels like I got my bottom end power back.Still rips out like the CEL but with more bottom. Tomorrow will be the true test..i'll update later
  11. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got to hand it to Kyle for taking the time to experiment with different needles, I would have to say jetting it perfect now.No bubbles,no flat spots and so much power. Not to mention those odd sounds just above idle are gone under load. I would say That the DEL in 3rd clip def brings back the bottom end while still being smooth.Instant power now and no loss of topend end. And the DEL did cure my flat spot,It allows the motor to spool up a little quicker too I noticed.
    Kyle Tarry likes this.
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Great! Are you still on the 45 pilot? What air screw setting?

I have a 42 pilot in mine (I think), but I might go back to the 45 and try it. Right now I am running the DEL in the 4th clip; I'll have to try it in the 3rd like you. I had the CEL in the 3rd clip for a spring enduro in March and I did not like it, too lean.
  13. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes 45 at 1 and an 1/8th turn out
  14. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    So an theoretically AAA needle is the leanest (biggest diameters) and an ZZZ will be the richest (small diameters) ?

I have changed the pilot to a smaller size as the bike was rattling below 1/4 of throttle and throwing a lot of smoke, now with the 35 PJ I have this setup:

TMX 38 70 W8X1
    -----------------
    MJ:430
    PJ:35
    Choke:80
    Slide:4.0
    Needle:6BFY43-74 2nd from UP
    Idle:1,75 turns

Bike runs much better in the slow stuff, less smoke and better response, say it's good till 1/6 of throttle, but still rich at 1/4 or so... I think this can only be adjusted with a leaner needle, moving clip position is more for the 1/2 and so throttle position AFAIK. Maybe a BBY, BCY, BDY... could be an option...

Regards.
  15. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Careful. The letters describe the TAPER, not the diameter per say. I think that one of the other magic numbers in the sequence describes the base diameter.

If it's good until 1/6 throttle, and rich at 1/4, that's probably needle clip.

Example:

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Hurky likes this.
  16. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Thanks again, I think it is more of the straight diameter of the needle but I can try to pot the clip in 1st position and see how it works, I fear to lean out too much past mid throttle as I think the bike runs fine there, I should try and see how it works...

Thanks.
  17. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Yeah, I don't know that carb/needle very well, but 2nd clip already sounds fine, 1st clip sounds like it would be pretty lean. I know that the middle clip worked for me with a similar needle (DEY).
  18. Markanimal9999 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wre125
    Wre125 2012model dellorto carb trying to find out what size jets are in the derestriction kit ? Husky do a kit but it cost a fortune ive taken out the cats from exhaust and just need jet size to make it full power
  19. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Hey all. Just want to get some suggestions for an 09 300 with a Keihin pwk. I recently moved from Utah to Washington state and was wondering what jetting people are running in these parts. I just installed a 42 pilot (from 38), JD red needle on 3rd clip (I have a blue needle, but it is not here at the moment) and a 175 main (from 152). I will end up putting in the blue needle, but how does that sound? Am I in the ballpark? Temps have been in the 60's-70's. Alititude about 500 ft or so.
  20. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like your in the ball park. I'm running a pj45 mj 172 airscrew 1 1/2 out and a DEL needle in 3rd clip.PC exhaust. I really did not like any of the jd needles.