JETTING - 06 610 with a pipe

Discussion in '610/630' started by Motosportz, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have to admit I have not touched the jetting on my 610. It runs good enough but even with the pipe (motosportz / Barrett) which gave it huge power it still seems to run rich. It has the Mikuni not the FCR.

Who is running a 06 610 with the Mikuni and a pipe and what are you running for jetting?

Thanks.
    Kelly
  2. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Hey Kelly,

Ummm.. I have a 06 with a Barrett. 175 and 50 pilot, needle in middle position...(from memory!!! :-) Mostly sea level up to 1000' tops. Very warm with an average of 30 degrees Celsius. (86 Fahrenheit) and humid with average 65 to 70% Humidity... (Brisbane Australia)

It seems Okay. No holes and only hesitates when you really whack on throttle at stupid low revs looking for a hesitation...

If I was to run wfo for a long time (e.g. desert race) I'd think about probably going richer to cool it a little on the main, maybe 180??

Hope that helps a little. The bike came with a 172 main as standard I think.. My memory sucks.. I'm a LOT more precise with my 360 two smoke but that's a WHOLE different kettle of fish!

Regards
    FBC
  3. dukepilot Viva l'Husqvarna d'Italia!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 SMR, TE250, CR125, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Duc, Buell, Honda
    Odd that you have a Mikuni on your 610 since they all came with the FCR 41 as far as I know. I reckon the previous owner of your bike swapped out the carb for some inexplicable reason.

Assuming its a Mikuni TMR carb as came stock on the 04 huskies, a good place to start would be the settings for the 04 450. I say this cause the JD kit for the later bikes use basically the same settings for the 450/510 as the 610. On my 04 450 I'm running a 10F01-50 needle, 25 or 30 pilot and a 175 or 180 main jet. Zero preload on the A/P and about 2 turns out on the fuel screw.

If you're running a Mikuni BST40 carb with the vacuum/diaphragm slide/no accelerator pump, you are on your own! I had one of those on my old KTM Duke and remember cutting down the spring and drilling some holes in the slide. Can't remember exactly what the settings were. It ran well with these mods then I ditched the BST for a FCR.

4. fatboycrash Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    1997 Ducati 900ss
    Yeah!! Wow. I didn't pick that.. D'oh! Betchya a six pack that Kelly was havin' a brain fade and meant the FCR...
  5. miketv Husqvarna
    A Class

Kelly,

I messed around with my 06 610 for awhile (too long) trying to get the jetting "sorted out" with an Uptite silencer. From what I have learned through trial and error is that the A/P squirt duration is the main culprit. (tune this circuit first) Main jetting seemed to only affect head temp a bit and sustained WOT. My setup is this: OBVDP needle from a Yamaha WR450, 48 pilot, 178 main and 2 to 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw. The only change I make is from summer to winter on the needle: 5th down in the winter and 4th down in the summer and I don't worry about plug color unless the bike is running poorly.

If it's any consolation, whatever I did the bike still ran well and the overall change wasn't very dramatic until I tuned the A/P
  6. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    My 06' is dialed in pretty good although mine has
    the Keihin FCR 41 carb w/JD Jet kit, red needle,
    175 main, 45 pilot, needle four from top.
    Leo Vince X3 Muffler. Fuel mixture screw. She runs like a champ. Jerry :thumbsup: