1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC Jd jetting

Discussion in '2st' started by HuskyDave, Sep 24, 2017.

1. HuskyDave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Anyone around the Pittsburgh or western pa area running a jd jetting kit on a 16 te 300?

I'm running stock jetting and seems ok but was wondering if I was missing out.

I currently have the leaner stock needle in as its still hot here.

Any input is appreciated.
  2. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    I used the jd kit on my 15 te300 and ended up going back to the leaner of the two stock needles I have for my bike. If interested pm me and I'd sell both of the jd needles (a blue one and a red one) to ya as I didn't have much luck with them but everybody else seems to love them (why I got it in the first place). I'm sure I could've gotten them to work with a little more time but my bike was already very dialed with the setup I had. Let me know if interested.
  3. rdalley Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE300
    Do you still have the setup instructions from JD as well? Id be interested in buying the needles if the first OP doesn't. thanks.
  4. Tom_C Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future TX300
    NC and not PA, but I went from dealer set up stock (supposed to be close to good) to a JD kit, and noticed a pretty big difference. Could also be that the dealer put in 40:1 mixed gas to be safe and I went to the recommended 60:1. Adhered to the kit recommendations, and am good. Do want to try running without the airbox cover to see if it makes a difference (without leaning out too bad), as I haven't trimmed the airbox for more air flow.
  5. HuskyDave Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Thank you all for the information. Appreciate it.
    87husky500xc likes this.
  6. 87husky500xc Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 tx300i and a few vintage bikes
    Other Motorcycles:
    77 honda xr-75..
    One of the first things I did was trim up the side panel for more air flow before I even rejetted the bike. That made a big difference in itself. I then dropped to the leaner of the two needles on second from top position, red pv spring, went to 168 main and the bike runs great. Tad on the fat side but no spooge out the silencer. I also have v4 reeds and fmf pipe on it plus a few other small things. I only change this setup in the cold months or lower elevations.
  7. Mobil1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr 250 2003
    Have a 17 te300 with vforce 4 and vhm cilinderhead with the small insert.
    Had poor gas milage, jetting felt good. No spooge in the slow stuff, no smoke. You would think perfect.
    Contacted rvh tuning for the gas milage, for him solution was the jd jetting kit and some setting on the powervalve. No spring changed here...
    He said the needles are not working with the mikuni, the first part is just straight...
    The bike before was fast, gas guzzler.
    Now its whole new level, need to learn to ride it again.
    Feels lîke much more power, pick up is just amazing. Gas milage is much better also!
    Before 35 pilot, 330 main, leanest needle from kit and 3rd clip. This is how dealer set it up, tried some other setups but this was best.
    Only little bit lean on the heavy sand tracks...
    I am very happy to spend the € on the jetting kit ...
  8. Hunrock Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Rz350; '04 & '06 KDX 200;
    I run on my stock '16 TE 300: NOZF needle; 6.5 slide; 38 pilot and 168 main here in Northeastern Pa. perfect!