1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc It's Pump Seal Time!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Huskynoobee, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Well, it started slow, but got worse over this season. Luckily Hall's had everything I need in stock to ensure a proper job that should last for quite some time. So in a few days I should be getting the shaft, seal, bearing, and the 2 o-rings.

Thanks to Hall's for keeping us Italian riders and racers in parts. :cheers:

It's been said before, but please don't forget to support the Sponsors that help keep Cafe Husky alive.
    Dauer, gots_a_sol, johnnyboy and 2 others like this.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    LoL...even we here in Australia use Halls if R&D Husky can't get OEM stuff.
  3. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Agreed :cheers: I got the impeller too
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I may have been premature. I just checked the oil level after it sitting for a while and the oil looked clean. I'll go ahead and drop it once my parts arrive. I wasn't sure whether it was washing it and getting into the trans.or the small amounts of coolant that would disappear after a day or two of riding that turned the oil milky. Either way, I'm super stoked to have everything (except the impeller I guess).

It's got one day of racing on it after dropping the milkshake. This was Last Dog Standing where there are intentionally placed water hazards. I probably went through more mud and water in one day than the entire rest of a desert season combined. Fingers crossed but still big ups to Halls.
  5. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    Not a dodgy rad cap or head orings is it?

Did u ride thru water pre milkshake?
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Was thinking that to. I swapped the cap to a spare , but I run waterless coolant and don't get much pressure. The level always drops to the same spot. Just below the top of the core. I can squeeze the hose and coolant pops up over the top. I figure it could be the head, but they are new this season with the top end. I also suspect some weeping around a hose joint possibly.

The only water this baby sees if from the hose at home except the race post milk dump where the oil still looks good. The seal for the tranny vent on top does look a little suspect and it's been dabbed over with silicone.

I guess I'll just drain the oil and the coolant, check the head, hoses, etc. and see what I find. You'd think running bright orange XF2 coolant I'd be better at spotting the leak.
    eurocycle01 likes this.
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK, thought I'd bring this up to date. Decided to just ride the thing and see if it does it again. Ran it on a 40 mile loop to open the race course for the National. It's all good. Went out again to go play ride with the missus. Oil still looks good.
    NCSteve and shawbagga like this.
  8. gaz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I've got the same machine. If it's done over 3500kms of mixed usage it could be expected the bearing may start to groove. Hopefuly all is good, but definitely continue to keep an eye on the oil. Halls had all the bits we needed to fix ours at what I consider incredible value.
  9. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    The trans vent will suck water into the trans if you hit water when the engine is hot. The water cools the cases causing a lower pressure and it will suck water up the vent hose like a straw. You can either run the vent hose up higher or poke a hole in the vent hose near the fitting at the trans.
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think I found a small leak in the left top tank. I will try a spare I've got that was repaired in the same spot. I'm going to re seal the trans vent and see how it goes. Now that it's Red Sticker season, I can ride it locally and get some much needed seat time in before the desert season starts in January. I've got the complete rebuild kit sans impeller thanks to Halls so if it does go, I am ready.