It's Black Husqvarna Month!

Discussion in '610/630' started by Jason, Feb 5, 2012.

1. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got the primer from Amazon. Then found out about Conrad. But it´s not in stock ... only mail order.
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Made here in the US I believe, and gas over here hasn't QUITE caught up to your prices either...
  3. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    yeah i know... its at about £1.35l at the moment, i think i should move with the rest of my family across the pond
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sadly, I don't think you'll be able to fit that huge road sign y'all call a licence plate under the Husky tail
    Have to say that I never quite understood way do licence plates in Europe need to be so large? :confused:

Your 511 will look badass in black, can't wait for the pictures :thumbsup:
  5. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    haha nah that's the standard 'legal size' you can get away with smaller ones, i usually run 4" by 6", seen blokes on sport bikes running snicker bar sizes.
  6. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Germany´s just legislated for smaller bike plates, so I went fastish and got them for the Husky and the CCM. Called the European Plasti Dip people who told me that the US Plasti Dip formula was NOT available here ... as it contains POISON! So if the European formula comes off, I´ll just have to import it direct from the US (`Health & Safety´ is the standard excuse for protectionism over here).
  7. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    Haha, OH NO! NOT POISON! :eek:
    What do you do for antifreeze, bug repellant, and car batteries over there? :confused:
  8. twolane Husqvarna
    A Class

I have no affiliation with the site, but here in the US some of the best prices on Plasti Dip can be found here-

http://www.dipyourcar.com/
    bushwa likes this.
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The price is about twice as expensive over here in Europe. And the same product with the original formula is likely to be twice as good in the US.
    But postage charges would be expensive, the the customs people would have you arrested, you´d lose your job and the environmental wimmin would protest outside your house. Thank God I´m old and will drop off before it gets even worse.
  10. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

P1000879.jpg
    Dun the first side panel as a trial piece. It´s just a bit orange peel surfaced (like the top pic). Don´t want to peel it off so used primer. Will do a second coat this evening. Think it´ll turn out OK. Did wet on wet. So will then have to take bits off the bike (headlight, mudguards etc) and then think about offsetting the black bits with summat (decals?). And am not too sure about the matte finish, as even touching it with dusty hands leaves a mark.
  11. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Looking good im waiting on some new plastics before i try, is that done with the "euro- non poisonous" plasti-dip?
  12. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes .. although I didn´t try it on my pizza. Have now ordered a can of transparent to give it a bit of gloss. This is turning out to be expensive. Will have to wait before I can take off the front & rear mudguards and the headlight faring
  13. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

P1000880.jpg
    Credit to all the others who told me about it. Plasti Dip really works! It sprays on evenly and is thick enough not to run or form drips. I put on two undercoats of primer, two of black and two gloss. Was going to do the mudguards but am now satisfied that most of the purvy white has been eradicated
  14. Huskymotardman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    found out from ufo plastics that they are bringing out black plastics for my bike so theres no need to paint them.....but i still want paint something :D any ideas? (something easy for a noob such as myself)
  15. sloppyjoe Husqvarna
    A Class

16. Jason Husqvarna

Nice! Is that rear wheel 5"? Tire size?
    If it is, any rubbing problems?
  17. DVS_182 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '07 SM610
  18. sloppyjoe Husqvarna
    A Class

It's a 5.5 with 180 Dunlops for the red rims. Chain rub is very very minimal and happens only when leaning.
    It's a 5.5 too with 160 BT016 for the titanium rims. Totally no chain rub.
  19. SanLen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15 FE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    06Husaberg FE 650E,08Yamaha WR250X
  20. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

That one has turned out a beaut! Has set off the exhaust nicely which, on the original looked too dominant on mine.