1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

It followed me home

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by schimmelaw, Nov 18, 2008.

1. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

1981 430xc

Attached Files:

2. flyarmy Husqvarna
    B Class

I really hate when things follow me home.:cheers: That is one sweet ride. I really like the lines with the older tank on it. Great find for sure. I just wish a 430 would follow me home here in the Northwest. If anyone knows of any 430's that need a new home, please let me know.
    Mike
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    That is sweet.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Nice! Updated kicker from a water pumper! I guess somebody got tired of their foot slipping of the original one (which looks like a dog's private parts)!:oldman:
    Norman
  6. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks guys for the comments. Much to come in the near future. I'll update and take photos as I go along.
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Nice eye Norm. As mentioned, updated to a 84 and up kicker. (The pre 84 kicker has the weirdest un-ergo non-user friendly bend in it and belongs in the "tower of London Torture Museum!" Do yourself a favor and ensure that the kicker retention piece that is bolted to the primary cover is also updated (Has a small bumper block as opposed to the "hold the old weirdo bend kicker in place" setup) as if it is not the kicker can "kick back" and contact the case cover and crack it. halls still have them, like 5 bucks. You know you got about $750 in tanks there with the bike. I personally do not like the looks of the 79 and older tanks............too flat.

Joe
  8. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Steve,
    Sorry for my delay to your reply. Work, house, kids & their latest school project (suit of armour - cardboard, duct tape & string - only). At this time the tanks aren't for sale. One is dent free, but paint is rough. 6 of 10. This is the one which will be going back on the bike for now. Rough is OK, but no dents. The other one has a couple of dents, one on each side, but the paint is great. 9 of 10. The dented one was to be a project off in the future. I was going to use it on the bike once repaires were completed (if in fact I can work the dents out). Thanks for asking though. I'll let you know if my palns should change.
  9. HuskyT Moderator

MR Chod..... is the 84 a direct swap? And will it swap onto a 1980 CR390 motor ? or will it only work on the 81 XC? You have me very interested in this for my project bike... I like the flat 1980 tank..... mine is getting refinished but man are they tiny!

T
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don't know on a pre 81 but I will look into it. It is not just the kicker but he knuckle too as well as the different retainer. Lmme look at some part #'s.

Joe
  11. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    oooooh... 430!!! Looks like you got a heckuva deal. Let's hear more about 430's!