Interesting pics.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I was doing some maintenance on the ol husky today, filters, oil, bolt check, bla bla bla. When I got to the carb filter I was pretty surprised at just how much dirt was in there. I get a ton of emails asking if the vent tubes actually suck up dirt or not. So I thought I would snap these pics for all to see.

This is after 4 rides, 2 at the mx track, 1 in the snow, and 1 down local dirt roads and through the bushes. This is the most dirt I have found while cleaning the filter, but not by much. First pic is bottom half of the filter where loose stuff falls. Second is filter installed, and 3rd and 4th are the two sides of the filter out of the filter housing.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Glad I bought mine.:thumbsup:
    As soon as my buddy heard I bought one he placed an order.:D
  3. 420skirider Husqvarna
    A Class

Put one on my '07 TE a couple months ago. Looking at the dirt that it collects it's Disturbing to think about all the time I ran without it.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I pulled the carb top off a WR450 about 3 years ago on the trail and there was basically a dirt clod in the top above the slide. I have been a believer for years. Good stuff Clay :thumbsup:
  5. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just pulled mine off tonight to check after two NASTY mud rides. Everything was good, I bet it will be a different story when things start drying out.

Amazing pics Clay, I know I have sucked stuff like that in before. But not anymore!!:D
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ya, it makes me sick to think all the dirt that could be going through my engine too. I have noticed that more dirt sticks to the filter and stays in the housing when I oil the filter. When it is dry it seems to just fall off and back down the tubes.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    The top of my carb where the needle is got horribly dirty in a short time, highly recommend a filter on the vent lines! :)
  8. Does anybody know a manufacturer for the TE610?
  9. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    The carb filters are universal. Will work on any carb.
  10. exit90a Husqvarna
    AA Class

What about the FI bikes? Is there a product such as these filters I need to be looking for. If so, where do I get it and where does it go on the bike? Thanks.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Nope, FI Husky's don't need a filter. That FI sure is nice.
  12. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The filter for the EFI bikes can go on the vent hoses once you find them (that will keep 'em busy!):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joe
  13. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

That would be called the air filter because thats the only place the FI vents to the out side air.:lol: Anybody ever thought about making some sort of pre filter for the air filters for these bikes????
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    You mean like filterskins?
  15. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I ordered one yesterday. I was tough spending $45 for a chunk of aluminum and some hosing, but cheaper than crank bearings and top ends.

In 20+ years of riding I've never noticed as much dirt in the carb as the TMX on my WR. That baby must be making some suction, cause there's dirt on the slide every time I remove it. I'm hoping this is the cure!
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks for your business PC. I know $38 bucks seems like a lot for something, but like you said it is WAY cheaper than a rebuild. The hardest part about selling these is getting people to realize it is an investment in their engine, and not a performance upgrade. Thanks again for your order. :thumbsup:

Clay
  17. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm in the midst of replacing the intake valves on my '07 TE250, and I'm convinced it's because I ran the first 50 hours without a carb vent filter.
  18. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Absolutely. For some reason its easier to justify a $200 pipe or head mods cause they actually provide something you can feel.

It takes true will power to spend $40 on something you'll never feel or notice, but will extend the life of your motor. It's our bigger, faster, better - American mentality.

Common sense won out and I ordered one though :cheers:

You're welcome!
    Thanks for providing the product.

-Brandon