1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    FE = 4st Enduro & FC = 4st Cross

FE/FC Initial idle/tps setting HELP NEEDED on 2014 FC350

Discussion in '4st' started by guscycle, Mar 1, 2020.

1. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    Have a hard starting FC350 that sometimes will run several seconds and then none at all. Since the bike was a non running bike I have run through all the basics: leak down test -ok, spark-jumps a 5mm gap on my spark tester with no problem, Valves are spot on, decomp. on cam moves freely ,fresh air filter, all electrical connections are clean and have dielectric grease, electrical component values are within spec ( even though ohm readings can't always be an accurate indication of condition), all grounds are in good order, fresh 93 octane fuel and new LiFeP04 battery (210 cca). Fuel pump pressure is at 50 psi, injector has been cleaned and tested spray pattern with 9 volt battery, new fuel tank filter and inline hose filter, even the flywheel key has been examined.
    There are several marks on idle knob that I feel may have screwed up any initial factory settings. My TPS tool is reading.64 , which seems about right but I am wondering if this is miscued by the idle screw adjustment. Question is: What is the procedure for making sure the proper TPS value is at a described voltage when the throttle body butterfly reaches the exact point of "complete closure"... especially when this throttle body allows idle screw adjustments that will alter TPS setting when moved . There has to be a exact point of reference for TPS voltage that coincides with the timing or exact positioning of butterfly. Any ideas or findings on this topic would be greatly appreciated.
  2. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    Your .64 seems in order if taken at idle, but should be at about .50 at closed position.
    Adjust you idle speed up.

Paw Paw
  3. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...so you are saying that when the throttle butterfly is "completely" closed, resting only on the internal bore of throttle body, my idle adjustment screw "not" making any contact to the cable pulley, the reading would be about .50 . Sound right?
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Just checking... New/verified spark plug and gap?

As for TPS, I just use it as a "jet." If I'm at 0.64 and want it a bit richer, I reset to 0.68 (at the SAME throttle position as the 0.64 reading) and then test. If you need to raise or lower the idle after that, just do it.