Information on the '08 Husky "race kit"

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Creeper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. PhilM Husqvarna

That is one of the best on the market. Now I use the sensors that come with the racepack.

First off, I only have EFI tuning experience with my car so if my question seems dumb, please bear with me. I am trying to relate it to the husky so I better understand the diffrences with the options I have at hand to increase the performance of my 610.

The unit I use, is a BIG STUFF 3. The system is designed by Meaney, the same guy who invented the original Accel and Fast systems. It is a closed loop system, that uses a heated wide band O2 Sensor, a MAP sensor, Coolant temp, TPS, Timming inputs from the crank trigger and a few other inputs. It is an adaptive system which means it learns based on you inputs as a driver and make small corrections in the fuel and timming tables to adjust accordingly. For my purposes, this is not used, as the car is tuned for max 1/4 performance running about 22 PSI.

So here goes the dumb question.

What simulararities does my bikes EFI have with my car? Can I make changes to the timming and fuel maps? If so what will I need to do that? Can I install a wide band O2? I would really like to keep the O2 sensor but if the EFI system is a simple system, like the speed density systems offered by GM in the late 80's I can understand why the O2 is not a manditory thing.

Thanks and sorry for not doing a search :banghead::banghead::banghead:
  2. Jerseytrailrider Husqvarna
    A Class

New slip on muffler
    unscrew the O2 sensor
    screw in plug that is shown in the pic
    Somewhere (I've not done it) use the electrical plug shown in pic to connect to EFI box
    That is it - no dealer necessary, goes straight to 'race/open loop' map.

Hi Coffee! Is this correct, no dealer necessary for installation? I have been delaying buying PU kit because then I have to bring it back to the dealer!
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Well yes, do what you typed and you will have the power up kit installed. You may or may not need the iBeat software to adjust things cause it seems to vary with the bike, differing opinions on that, seems some do and some don't.

In the grand scheme of things the power up kit is not that expensive so you could try it, and if you did not like it for any reason just take it off. For example if you put it on you thought an iBeat adjustment was necessary then you could take the power up kit off till you can get it to a dealer.

If you really hated it (which I really doubt) just sell it in the classifieds, it ships well.

4. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I haven't had any troubles with my EFI since installing the Arrow pipe and removing the sensor. I did the install myself, but, my dealer(Ferracci) did smooth out the EFI map for me before I ever got the bike. As coffee says, the kit will sell just fine if you don't like it, but I really can't see anyone not liking it!
  5. mrkartoom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE610, 15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Beta Rev
    I see this thread has been dormant for a while. I'm chiming in just in case something new comes up.:popcorn:
  6. exit90a Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm waiting for my power up kit to come in for my 08' SM510. The dealer will be fine tuning it with iBeat, as I understand, that is setting TPS and altering FB1. Has there come to be an excepted, across the board FB1 value which keeps the bike from running too rich or does this vary from bike to bike. I don't think my dealer has lots of expirence with this system. Thanks.