1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc IMS fuel tank for 2014 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hesutton, Jan 6, 2017.

1. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    I've got a riding trip coming up in the spring with long isolated single track loops. I'm looking for more range out of the WR, however, I've read some good and some bad about the IMS tanks. Fitment on some has been lack luster. Would the 3.4 gallon tank or the 3.9 gallon tank fit better or worse.

Any WR guys have experience with IMS tanks? How about pictures of the tank on the bike? Is it a pain to ride with the bigger tanks on there? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Heath
  2. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    This the 3.4 gallon. Fitmet is OK. If you want more pics let me know. I'm away from my PC right now but I can post more later. Its not a pain to ride, you get use to it pretty quick IMG_20170103_090941.jpg 20160915_185635_HDR.jpg
    hesutton likes this.
  3. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
  4. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    Thanks a lot for the pictures.

Do they make them in clear too? Like to see the level when on long rides to know when to head back for fuel.

Heath
  5. fastkx125 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    hesutton likes this.
  6. Tommy V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    GasGas TXT280 trials
    The only thing I didn't like was the huge gap between the top tube of the frame and the tank. I could fit my fist in there. Seemed like that much gas sitting three inches higher would not be great for handling.
    I installed a Lectron and get over 60mi with stock tank
  7. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Depending on how far you need to go, I pack gas. If its 60 miles or under you should be good with stock tank and reserve. I consistently get between 58-60 before having to put on reserve. So call it 58. Thats 23.2mpg. I'll carry an extra 2- 33ml MSR camp fuel bottles in my pack for long rides. (available at almost any camp goods store) Together they give you an extra half gallon of capacity or 11 miles of riding, depending on your throttle So if you are going over 70 miles, then you would want a bigger tank. If not, maybe think about packing some gas, it'll save you hundreds on a tank.