Ignition Barrel Theft Saga

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by JPD, Jun 10, 2019.

1. JPD Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR 650
    Hello community, I have to share the pickle I'm in with you all to explore what my options are..

I bought a Strada last September, rode fine, loved it, until someone tried to steal it and got away with only the ignition barrel. Husky told me 1000$ for a barrel and one 1 key, and 3-4 months wait as they have to manufacture the parts...

So, over Christmas I found a TR in the UK that was getting pulled apart and ordered the key, barrel, speedclock, fuel lock, seat lock and ECU for 500$. Guys at Road & River in Geelong(ex-Husky dealer) have been absolutely useless, fitted the parts and now they say there is a problem with the fuel pump and the computer is not communicating something properly. They say it needs to be taken to an auto electrician to be checked.

I'm at the point where I'm thinking of just ordering the new barrel and key and revert with the original parts and wait months until it gets to Australia. Unless some wizard can come to the rescue.

Any tips, advice, opinion, contacts would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JP
  2. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    I would take it to an auto electrician and see what they can do. it might save you a fair bit compared to buying a whole new system.
  3. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    The ignition switch with key, dash and ecu need to be programmed, synced or whatever it's called by KTM/Husky. If the dealer does not know this then find one that does.
  4. mysery1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650 strada
    Maybe I should of asked first if you have an EWS error.
  5. Johnn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    T4 Moto Guzzi
    Came in late on this.
    All you need is a replacement barell and antenna. Their isn't any electronic component in the lock.
    Refer to Glitche's excellent antenae thread in the TR 650 section.