Idaho 100

Discussion in 'Racing' started by pat ohara, Jun 3, 2013.

1. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    How did Idaho treat the boys of the Husky faith, news and views? :popcorn:
  2. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I've been waiting for their post. Glad you said something lol. I think they're all just taking it in now that they've qualified for ISDE ;)
  3. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can check out the results at Moto Tally -- Jake did great -- Top 5 on the B schedule. Kelly was superior as well -- something like 10th an Saturday, but he DNF'd Sunday. Not bad for some small bores!!!
    robertaccio, Coffee and LandofMotards like this.
  4. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Robert Nantista, Day 1, first place 50a Day 2, 4th in class. Looks like Rob nailed 4 out of 6 special tests on Day 1 and started Sunday by nailing 1st special. Great job by local So Cal Husky racer, and on a last minute change back to 2011 TE310
    Coffee and LandofMotards like this.
  5. Tugsy Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was there and was able to meet all the Husky Guys. I worked the Gas stops on both days and all riders came in and out in great spirits. The little pingers did quite well up there and the Husky 310 TE was impessive as well. I wont steal there thunder and let them tell you the play by play. Nice to meet you guys.
    ray_ray and robertaccio like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Jake won his class, i got 2nd, our other friends also mopped up and did great. Wanted to back my 2nd place (out of 22 in my class) with a win or another second, felt awesome on sunday. Crashed hard on special test 3 right at the start and took my rear brake out. this area you are ether going up 2000-3000 feet or coming down all day and i tried to ride with no rear but it was not going to happen so I got to the next check and rode the road back with my tail between my legs. 120 miles is a lot to do on one day. Pretty much 7 hours straight of climbing or descending or railing whoops for miles. there were a lot of whipped dogs Saturday night. Felt awesome sunday and was looking for ward to doing well. Next time I will get the full 240 miles in. I had my bike dialed, suspension worked great, 165 rules, Lectron was PERFECT and I got ridiculously good milage. Full report coming when i get caught up.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Good show Kelly. Glad you guys are OK and looking forward to the full report.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Was great meeting you. Lots of very good people there. :thumbsup: Was cool meeting Robert as well. Had a bunch of people come up and say "hey your the Motosportz guy, I follow your posts" which was funny. Was 5-6 husky 125's there. One 449/511, a few 310's. More huskys than Suzukis. :>) Some new betsa, TM, GG, very cool. A sea of Orange of course.
    ray_ray and robertaccio like this.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Great to hear things went well! With those elevation changes I would think the Lectron may have given you a bit of an edge, especially considering that you guys were on small bores.. Too Cool!

Now get back to work and get some of those Lectron needles in the mail:D
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Wow. That is a LOT of bikes!

Congrats guys :cheers:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

About 330.
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Good job guys!
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Great meeting the Cafe inmates and others as well.....I should not have stopped in the beautiful pine forest before the final check on Sun for a stop the insanity break and refreshment time out, I got way late to finish check. YOU GUYS ALL ROCK!!! Glad we did that one!! We really posted killer results especially for the brand percentage compared to the finish stats. Sorry I missed yall before taking off for twin falls
    Xcuvator likes this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

good meeting you man. We need to ride again sometime. Come on up to Oregon / Washington some time and we'll show you around. You are part of the extended crew now. :thumbsup:

thats a good point, we were all top 1 or 2 in our respective classes full of KTMs. Fun.
  15. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Awesome job by the NW crew! Nice to see the small cc 2-strokes doing well at a major event. Lovin' my KTM200 right now, but still got my eye on WR165.

Kelly, just curious, what local area would you compare Idaho City to? Its on my bucket list to do the event in the next couple of years and just curious what the terrain there compares to here.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Hood River trails overlayed on steep 4000-8400 foot elevation changes. Some faster 3rd-5th gear whooped up faster sections, some pretty tight semi technical side hill stuff, some road. All fun. The lots of elevation changes and 120 miles / 7 hours in the seat means you better be in very good ride shape and prepared for this or you will hate it. Its not like super hard but it is long and tiring and separates the men from the boys some.
    jmetteer and boisedave like this.
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS. stat, I was the only 50A rider to finish both days. (stoked dudes!!!)
    Agree not very technically challenging just looong and drawn out with a tight time schedule. And man I was cursing those whoop sections more than a few times!!
    The most technical section was that one peak area with some sharp rocks on it...about what 50-100 meters worth of it, I dont believe any of us had issues with any section hang ups. My tactic was to go full moto aggro whenever a hill came up then relax between those steeper climbs, that worked well to keep from getting hung up and tired. Hope to see more photos viddy etc. Good Times Y-All!!!
    Shout out to Dai for the van support , to La Toscana for support and to RynoPower for body fuel.
    MotoMarc36 and Coffee like this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I will be in the 50 class in two years, bring your A game Bro :D

there was about 6 guys sitting on the rocky rooty section of the special right after first gas on Sunday when I got there. I used my madman NW root and rock abilities to muscle through them all and one guy was Yelling WTF as I roosted by. Dude, you don't stop for anything on a special test, thats that. See ya. :cool:
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dude you guys smoked me on all special checks times , you all need to get fatter and older!!!
    Race Face in effect, nice mellow gent on the trail, psycho nut go go go on ST!! yee haa Kelly you did nothing wrong, especially on ST they gotta play or get hell outta the way!!!
    ray_ray likes this.
  20. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Awesome guys I'm excited reading about it and wish I lived closer for some good offroad schooling. You guys are bosses.